Having problems with a 2006 New Holland D75 WT. It will start and run ok for a few minutes. Then, when it starts warming up, it goes into some sort of limp mode. It won't push dirt. The instrument cluster displays the red mechanical gear looking symbol. The fault codes from the cluster are: Faults: 4321 - 2114 hrs: Throttle potentiometer circuit out of range. Maintain RPMs - 2100 to 2200. 4311 - 2113 hrs: Left speed sensor out of range. 4522 - 2085 hrs: Bump down switch stuck on at power up. 4533 - 2076 hrs: Joystick CAN message fault 4521 - 2071 hrs: Bump up switch stuck on at power up. 4621 - 2018 hrs: No-CAN comms with Instrument cluster. 4532 - 2018 hrs: Directional control for/rev axis faulted. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated!! It would be a big chore to try and take it to the dealer.
84 views and no one has any ideas? Surely someone has seen with something like this, maybe?
I'll take a stab at it.. With codes like that, that flash & have nothing to do w/ one another.. check the battery voltage.. Its usually low voltage that sends them into a tail spin.. Good luck..
I had the same thought. Checked the battery and it's good. Starts the dozer right up...
Check the V at the ecm.. & the output from the alternator..
Had to go out of town. I’ll check as soon as I get back and report the findings.
When did this start?? If it just started check the newest codes first. With a volt meter you can check the throttle potentiameter . At idle it should be above 0 probably .5 V and about 4.5 V full throttle. If it gets out this range it will set that code and may have adjustable stops to bring it back in range. This is just general advise on a throttle potentiameter , I have never worked on a NH.
My New Holland skid steer had similar issues. No limp mode but would not run correctly. I called my mechanic friend at the company I retired from. They buy NH skid steers 50 at a time. He immediately said replace the battery. It showed good and started well but a new one solved the problem. He said the voltage must be perfect to run right. YRMV.
10-4. I'll check the potentiometer, and ECM / alt voltage. I think i may have a new battery laying around in the shop. Will throw it on there and see if that helps. At the very least, it's a starting point. Will report back after it's done. Thanks to all for the help.
Managed to finally get out to the dozer. Glow plugs did not want to light. Started fluid got it going. Cleared all the codes. ECM voltage was 14. Alternator output was 14. The code that kept coming back and put it on some type of safe mode was 4311. Left speed sensor out of range. When it did slow down on the crawl is when the orange gear light with exclamation symbol inside of it. Does anyone know where the speed sensor is?
Did you ever figure out anything with the speed sensor? My dozer is in limp mode with the code reading speed sensor as well. Hoping you were able to figure something out.
Surely the speed sensor will be in the drive motor? Not worked on these but that’d be my uneducated guess.