Hey fellas..brand new here. Looking for some much needed help. Bought a dresser TD15E and the guy I bought from really got over on me since I am far from a dozer. SO I have no help from previous owner. Anyhow....machine cranks fine and runs strong. BUT..it will move with power for about 10-15 minutes...then it shows torque converter temp high and will only move in 1st gear at a snails pace. There is a dipstick to check trans fluid....it was bone dry..so curious as to what oil to put in there. There is also a plate in the center rear that I removed - doesnt seem to be much oil in there. I am assuming that is where the trans oil ends up at. Any help or guidance would be a huge. I am in a jam on timeline. I would pay someone to come out and check it out but I can't find anyone
Did you get the trans back full of oil ?!... Obviously have a leak and extremely low oil level can & will cause your issues.. First thing I would do is check your suction screens, change your filters and then top off the trans with fresh oil and then see what you have..
Yes sir. I went out there yesterday with brand new oil. Drained everything and started fresh. Going to change fuel filters today and see what is in the line. The dozer ran pretty strong for about 45 minutes yesterday then just sort of gradually lost power. Driving by itself slowed and pushing anything was basically impossible. Its odd when engine is at idle it sounds strong. I wil try to find where those screens are. I dont have any manuals. But I saw a post on here for a company that knows these machines pretty well. Ill give them a call as soon as I snag the serial number today
I may be confused.... Are your having a loss of engine Power ?!... Or loss of transmission & converter coupling power ?! ..
Thats sort of where I am not sure where its losing power. At idle it runs strong. Once you throw it in gear I it almost acts as if its bogged down or possibly starving for fuel...as soon as I go back to neutral engine purrs like a kitten. It will move in 1st gear but 2nd or 3rd and it just wants to stop...Can I post a video to this forum?