Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dresser TD7E Seat Assembly

RJFCO ยท 2014-12-14 20:09

I have a 1982 Dresser TD7E Dozer without a seat. I have found the "seat cushions" for sale, but I'm not sure if there is a frame of some type needed, or did the cushions bolt directly to the tractor. Anybody got any info that can help me? Thanks!

Replies2
  1. #1Jaybo2014-12-15 11:40

    There is a seat frame! Mine has a suspension seat although it is pretty worn out. You can likely find one in a wrecking yard though or find something new as a replacement seat. there is not a lot of room as far as height though, no taller than 6-8" on the frame part or you will be pretty close to the canopy.

  2. #2Rhino19612014-12-16 13:00

    The original seat can still be found on E bay at times. However I have used a high back bucket seat out of a car or Jeep mounted on a 3/4 piece of Plywood for over 20 years on my TD-8E. As previously stated a low height seat is required. It just lifts out for access as needed. I can get you a picture if needed.