Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dresser TD7H right turn lever hard to pull what is wrong

DIG IT ยท 2012-06-07 18:53

I have a 94 TD7H dresser dozer and after a few days of rain I cant hardley turn the dozer to the right. I can pull the left turn lever 6 inches and the right 3 inches. I can turn the dozer if I pull hard it will turn but not vary good. Help.

Replies2
  1. #1g_man2012-06-08 09:04

    If it were me I would start by taking out the seat and floor under the seat. Have a look at the steering control valve right there in front. Something may be broke or jammed in the linkage or you may have to take the valve out. Dismantle it and find out what is binding that spool. Sounds like a valve/linkage problem rather than a transmission problem assuming both tracks break when the foot brake is applied.

  2. #2mkj0222012-06-09 16:39

    check the steering lever itself ,there is a needle bearing in the lever where it mounts on a shaft .