I purchased a TD8E Dresser last summer and finaly got a manual says it needs 2 batterys anyone know what type, size group or part numbers for the size that has to be ? maybe 2 long ones like in a fork lift?
Put in the biggest 2 batteries that will fit in the compartment and be secured down. Get a tape measure and then head to the local battery suppliers to save money over dealer prices. Sometimes the dealers price is the best and high quality batteries. If it does not have a disconnect we can walk you through how to hook it in and keep the new batteries new not dead the next time you go to use it. That is my sugggestion Simon C
They came with 2 6 volt batteries I believe. The one I had was changed to one 12 volt 4D battery which is a large battery with a lot of capacity. It fit in the battery compartment just fine, you may need a different hold down. 2 12 volt batteries in parallel would be better than 2 6's in series. I don't know what size though, probably long and narrow batteries which are not real common. I have a TD9-H and it came new with a group 31 12 volt battery (only 1) and it works fine.
Our 8E just has a 4d in it. Just a 12v system. It will start like a bear no matter what battery you have in it...