Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dresser TD8H Losing Clutch Pressure (I assume)

Steven Wincentsen · 2025-07-13 19:32

I just got my dozer back from getting new pins/ bushings and getting the breaks redone. The break disk needed replaced so they had to pull everything apart including final drives. In typical fashion the bill ended up being twice what it started at. Long story short I got the dozer delivered and after running it for about an hour it starts not drive either track. I can only assume it is losing main clutch pressure. If I leave it sit it will fire up and run just fine. Until it heats up again. The main clutch seems to drop out when I start doing a bunch of turning which makes sense since its stealing pressure from the same system. The pump is much loader than I remember it and the lines seem to have a vibration to them. Did my pump have terrible timing and decide to give up or is the pump likely losing prime from something they took apart? The dozer pushed hard and didn’t miss a beat before it went into the shop. The bad part is it cost me $750.00 in hauling every time I send it to the shop. Hoping to take a swing at it before hauling it back in. I have checked the fluid level which they replaced and the strainer which was clean my filter light is not on. Any thoughts on anything else I should look at before replacing the pump?

Replies4
  1. #1Steven Wincentsen2025-10-08 21:44

    ended up being a plugged suction line. it was filled with large slivers of my break lining from my worn-out pads before replacing them.

  2. #2FWD2025-10-09 21:49

    Thanks for reporting back! A lot never reort back, so no one knows what happened. Glad it's up and running. FWD

  3. #3RDunkin2026-06-17 19:57

    Yes Sir! Thanks for the FIX Update!

  4. #4IDwaddie2026-06-17 23:18

    Glad you found the problem. Did you have to drain the transmission to check your suction filter?