I'm installing the bushing repair kit on a Case 580B. The kit came with a pin for the swing tower to boom however the grease holes are in the wrong place. Any tips on how to drill grease holes in the proper place? Thanks Mike
A solid carbide drill bit is the only way I know of. Very expensive. More so if it breaks. Are you referring to this pin ? #7 ? How is it possible for the hole to be in the incorrect position in it ?
I bought the " Swing Tower Modification Pin Kit PVPK1" for the boom pin. It replaces the two pin joint with one pin. I believe they use a pin from a later model backhoe so it's not an exact match. I bought the kit a decade ago and the vendor is no longer around so I cant question them. Thanks for your response
Thanks for the explanation. I would suggest having a machine shop drill them. As expensive as they are the last thing you want is to have a broken drill bit stuck in the pin.
A carbide masonry bit will drill hard steel. Sharpen it somewhat. It will scrape rather than cut the steel, but it will go through it. and it won't break halfway, it will only lose the carbide tip if it's going to break.