Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

DRMCO 740 powershift transmission

Brimlo · 2011-04-27 09:20

Posted thread sept 2009 looking for info regarding 9150 power shift transmission without any luck. Just asking again would anyone know if a service/repair manual is available for this transmission. It is in an old DRMCO (before champion) 740 grader. I have searched the Internet for 18 months without any success. Getting really desperate. I am prepared to pay for a copy of the transmission part of a manual or the whole manual. Any help really would be greatly appreciated.

Replies67
  1. #1MitchSA2011-04-27 09:26

    I cant help but there is a chap on here who seems to be quite involved in Champion. Maybe he can help? He's username is Motor Grader.

  2. #2Brimlo2011-04-27 09:31

    appreciate the reply

  3. #3biggrader2011-04-28 21:19

    What info are you looking for. I'll check my books but I think I have the manual that covers a 9150. I'll look over the weekend and let u know.

  4. #4biggrader2011-04-29 22:48

    I found the service manual for DRMCO 9150, Let me know what info u want. I could make copies and send to u if u would like. 24 pages and covers the overhaul of transmission.

  5. #5Brimlo2011-05-03 04:25

    Sorry I havent replied sooner. Been having some Internet problems. A copy of the overhaul pages Is exactly what I have been looking for. If you could copy them and send them it would be really appreciated. Is it possible to send them electronically or I would be prepared to pay postage if that is easier for you. Once again thanks for the reply.

  6. #6biggrader2011-05-04 08:36

    I'll try and scan the document. Computers and I sometimes dont agree with each other, but I have a hammer. I WIN!!:bash:bash

  7. #7Brimlo2011-05-04 08:41

    Best of luck. Sounds like we could have the same computer skills. I could send you my email address if you like. Cheers

  8. #8biggrader2011-05-15 00:36

    Well, I just sent u an email with the attachments, hope you get them.

  9. #9Brimlo2011-05-19 09:15

    Received emails and attachments. Thanks very much. Great job

  10. #10Motor Grader2011-05-20 12:04

    The DRMCO days are way before my time...probably before I was even born. The only place I could direct you that may have some info is the Champion Antique Grader Club. http://www.championantiquegraderclub.ca They have some old manuals and some fellows that tinker on the old stuff.

  11. #11Brimlo2011-05-26 07:19

    Thanks for that but I believe I have all the info I need for now thanks to biggrader, but I will keep that in mind if I need anything else. cheers for the reply. Darren

  12. #1268rsz282011-12-06 20:06

    Gearco 9150 Transmission repair manual Would you mind passing this information on to me. I have also been looking for this exact information and would appreciate if you could forward it to me.

  13. #13biggrader2011-12-07 22:21

    68..., I sent u an email. please send me your email address and I will see if I can get you a copy.

  14. #1468rsz282011-12-08 14:05

    sent you my email .thanks biggrader. I might have Brimlo sending me the same info iam not sure if my messages are getting out or not .sorry. thanks dave

  15. #15biggrader2011-12-08 21:50

    Sent an email to 68... hope u get it

  16. #1668rsz282011-12-09 20:29

    Gearco 9150 Transmission repair manual Not sure if i can add to this post or not .got your file biggrader . Thank you . Might also need over haul manual for the Rockford torque that feeds the 9150 its oil . Brimlo hope you are able to read this as well .thanks for offering. great site.

  17. #17Brimlo2011-12-10 00:09

    Got your post Dave. Hope it all works out. Cheers Darren

  18. #18Simmo2012-09-29 22:18

    Hi mate. Not sure if this is still active, but I have a DRMCO 720, here in QLD, having a lot of trouble finding parts. Ideally I would love to find a wrecker with one, but new parts would be good too. Any ideas about who to talk to would be greatly appreciated.

  19. #19oldtom2012-10-15 06:08

    DRMCO IS CHAMPION you grader was sold by Black -Wood-Hodge all had drmco badges 6-71gm you going to hate me haxe just though out old manuals mainly water damage have you tryed hitachi in perth made have some thing

  20. #20zerge2012-11-16 10:24

    Hello i own a 720a 1976 motorgrader,i am looking for a manual because the transmission (DRMCO 9138) is disassembled.Could you please help me?Thanks in advanced!

  21. #21biggrader2012-11-26 21:06

    zerge, give me a couple of days to see if I still have the old manuals.. I think I can help u out. I'll be in touch (Provided you still need need the manuals?)

  22. #22anehme2013-10-31 15:46

    I am in the same predicament. I have a champion 720 with a 9150 DRMCO power shift transmission that is stuck in first. Is there any chance that you might still have that information around? Appreciate any help. Thanks.

  23. #23biggrader2013-10-31 20:44

    anehme, p.m. your e-mail address to me and I can send the info to you

  24. #24anehme2013-11-01 10:04

    Code: Thanks biggrader for the quick reply. I am unable to p.m. for some reason. I have emailed the administrator and hope to figure it out soon.

  25. #25anehme2013-11-03 16:17

    biggrader My email address is "@gmail.com" Thanks

  26. #26biggrader2013-11-04 19:44

    Sent the files that I have. Good luck!!

  27. #27delio lorenzana2013-11-05 06:25

    Hello There Sorry I think I’m late on this issue, have you solve your transmission trouble, I can help you I’m a former Champion/Dremco product support Rep. All ways give the S/N of your machine for us to assist. my e-mail: [email protected] Thanks. Delio

  28. #28anehme2013-11-05 10:49

    Hi Delio, Any help would be greatly appreciated. I gave biggrader the wrong email address so I still don't have the documents. The grader serial number is 720-53-05-15534. Can you tell the year and specs of that machine. Thanks

  29. #29delio lorenzana2013-11-05 11:01

    Okay I will help you not a problem. I just arrived home in Spain from a trip to Canada and USA, so give me one or two days and I will pass the information to you. My mail box it is filled out with over 500 messages. Have to go back to my old books for the year of your grader, but I do have it for you. Regards. Delio

  30. #30delio lorenzana2013-11-05 11:19

    I did have it handy The year we manufactured your grader, it was in 1982. Delio

  31. #31anehme2013-11-08 11:03

    I read on another site that the Champion graders came in series I, II, III, or IV. Does anyone know what series the serial number 720-53-05-15534 belongs to? Thanks

  32. #32delio lorenzana2013-11-08 11:16

    9150 Trany If you have troubles with your 9150 transmission, that’s not interfere with motor graders series. Your machine was built prior to those series III and IV, etc. All graders are identical re 9150 Power Shift transmission of such model. Please write to us as follow: [email protected] Ric Ross [email protected] Tanks in advance Regards Delio

  33. #33zerge2013-11-10 19:01

    Hi Biggrader could you please send me the DRMCO 9138 MANUAL to me? [email protected] I will really apreciate your help.Thanks in advanced!

  34. #34biggrader2013-11-11 19:40

    Zerge, give me a day or two to scan the manual and I will get it sent to u

  35. #35zerge2013-11-12 11:48

    Thank you very much Biggrader,if you need something from México count me in (includes Tequila and hot food)

  36. #36delio lorenzana2013-11-12 11:58

    Esto que significa, es que ustedes se han despertado en México ahora, así de plano, enhorabuena pues.

  37. #37zerge2013-11-12 17:55

    Gracias Delio, usted trabaja en jadeequipment? Thanks Delio do you work at jadeequipment?

  38. #38biggrader2013-11-12 21:38

    Zerge, it has been sent your way. good luck.. As far as needing anything from Mexico, how about room and board for a week in February??

  39. #39delio lorenzana2013-11-13 04:23

    Hola Amigo. Soy un antiguo gerente de servicio de Champion Road Machinery, responsable de la iniciación en México de la apertura y comercialización de nuestras maquinas en su país hace ya muchos años. Jade Equipment son mis antiguos colegas y si les ayudo a servir a nuestros clientes en todo el mundo. También colabora con Champion USA para la venta de las motos niveladoras pequeñas. Un saludo desde Omán, de visita esta semana. Hello Friend. I am a former service manager of Champion Road Machinery, responsible for initiation in Mexico in the opening and marketing of our machines in your country many years ago. Jade Equipment are my former colleagues and yes I help them to serve our customers worldwide. I also help the Champion USA, for selling new units, the small motor graders as well. Greetings from Oman, I'm visiting this week.

  40. #40zerge2013-11-13 11:05

    Hello biggrader thank you very much for the manual.Tell me more details about February.I am two hours driving from Mexico City,if its good for you let me know.

  41. #41zerge2013-11-13 11:14
  42. #42delio lorenzana2013-11-13 12:07

    A ver, yo tenia una gran confusion con todo esto. Claro que te puedo ayudar, no se si nos conocemos? yo fui el responsable de servicio para Mexico en el inicio. Tenemos todos los repuestos que necesites, para esa transmission. la transmision esta puesta en la maquina o la tienes completamente desarmada? yo solo necesito los numeros de referencia de las piezas. Hazme un listado y te digo lo que te costarian y si necesitas instruciones te comunicas por mi correo: [email protected] Estoy de visita en Oriente Medio pero te puedo informar desde aqui sin problemas. Siempre permanezco en contacto con nuestra oficina de Orillia en Ontario, Canada. Asi que sin mas demoras ni historias de esta pagina, dime exactamente que le sucede a tu caja de cambios y te ayudamos a resolverlo. Un cordial saludo. Delio

  43. #43delio lorenzana2013-11-13 12:48

    Transmission

  44. #44zerge2013-11-13 18:13

    My factory records tell me that your grader is fitted with a not good combination of power train, my friend. It is a 720 model equipped with AC engine and 9138 Transmission, in African way a big matata. Delio[/QUOTE] A big matata? UPPS that sounds bad. I hope to solve the transmision fault then i will sell my 720A

  45. #45Phil Hunt Parts2014-07-25 23:40

    Zerge, Phil Hunt Parts here from Australia - I am after a copy of the Transmission Service Manual Section for the 9138 Transmission as well if you could manage to send me a copy i would be greatly appreciative !! My Email is [email protected] We are about to undergo a Transmission Overhaul and we are without the Service Section out of the Manual - I think it is Section 9 .... Thankyou in Advance !!

  46. #46biggrader2014-07-27 15:45

    On the way. Good Luck!

  47. #47Phil Hunt Parts2014-07-27 20:11

    Thankyou So Much !! Exactly what was required - Really Appreciate it !! Kind Regards, Phil Hunt Parts.

  48. #48zerge2014-11-08 16:06

    Hello do somebody have or could get the CAP LID SIDE for 9138 Transmission SERIAL 9138-704 thanks in advanced!

  49. #49zerge2014-11-08 16:32

    Drmco 9138-704 I am looking for this cap

  50. #50Gagnon2015-01-10 14:08

    Hi biggrader, im wondering if you still have the Gearco 9150 Transmission repair manual, if so can you please email it to me [email protected]

  51. #51biggrader2015-01-10 19:05

    Sent this afternoon. let me know if you get it

  52. #52agrando2015-02-01 16:28

    Hello biggrader, I have a Champion 720A with the Gearco 9150 transmission. I am experiencing the following issue. The transmission will not go into gear when the transmission warms up. After an over night soak it goes into gear fine until the transmission warms up. The fluid level is to the top of the sight level when cold and drops to the middle when running. Please send over the Gearco 9150 transmission repair manual to my email [email protected] . Do you think I have a pump issue?

  53. #53.RC.2015-02-02 03:55

    If anyone can email the manuals I could host it on my dropbox account. email me at [email protected]

  54. #54biggrader2015-02-02 21:36

    On the way Agrando. The mechanics here will probably need to know what year and serial number to help u out.

  55. #55jh69race2015-02-23 16:21

    Hi biggrader I have a Gearco 9150 in an early 80's grader. Could you send me the repair manual please. I would like to know where I could get parts or a used transmission. Any help is appreciated, email me at: [email protected]

  56. #56jh69race2015-02-23 16:33

    Agrando I'm having the same issues as you. What did you end up replacing inside the transmission for parts?

  57. #57Silveroddo2015-04-05 21:43

    Hey Biggrader, I was hoping to not need to get on the bandwagon for the Gearco 9150 info....... But could you send me a copy? [email protected] Also do you have any idea on where a guy could find the shop info on the Rockford converters? (15") going through my books I've only got the Clark info.

  58. #58biggrader2015-04-05 22:44

    I will be out of town for a couple days . get it to you Wednesday. I will check on the torque converter.

  59. #59biggrader2015-04-08 23:34

    Silveroddo sent the info out to you . should come in 2 emails

  60. #60Silveroddo2015-04-10 23:30

    Very much appreciated sir, You are a life saver!

  61. #61Edm2015-04-19 00:57

    I was hoping I could get a copy of this manual as well. I am looking at buying a grader that has a 9150 in it and the reverse isn't working so if anyone has any thoughts on that it would help out a lot thank my email is [email protected]

  62. #62Catbud2015-05-07 00:21

    Looking for help have 720 champion with9138 trains slipping in lo range only what could be problem?

  63. #63monroe_township2016-02-03 07:33

    I am looking for a service manual or parts break down for the drmco 9138 transmission, can anyone help me out with finding this information out ? Thanks, Mitch

  64. #64monroe_township2016-02-04 07:02

    Thanks for the reply Biggrader, my email is: [email protected]

  65. #65erie38b2016-04-03 19:26

    popular thread.also have a 720a with a 9150 with a clutch that's works great going forward but slips backing up. also havent had much luck finding a service or parts manual.would it be possible to get them too? tia, ken

  66. #66Matt992016-07-17 08:32

    I have a d600 with drmc 9138 power shift trans, its a 4 speed with high low so it says 8 speed trans the s/n for the grader is 72. 600b. 908. 5090. And the transmission s/n is 72. 9138. 126. I was making a nice easy pass doing final grade on a road job 6 days ago and I was in second gear got to end of road pushed in clutch and let off and nothing happens I've changed all fluid ect and will only enguage once in a while it will all the sudden snap into reverse like a nhra drag car enguages. I have no manuals or parts break down and I'm desperate I've searched the net nonstop with no luck and need knowledge about this I'm loosing money everyday till its fixed, personally I think it's in the selector valve because pressing in and out on clutch reved up to 100 % power it will jump into reverse at full power and I can grade in reverse but can't grade in forward

  67. #67John580K2022-06-10 16:40

    Delio, I know this thread was started a long time ago, but any chance you could help me out with some info on a grader i'm looking at purchasing. Year: 1988??? Serial: 720-056-101-1918-2 (Made in U.S.A.) Engine: Allis Chalmers 3500 Transmission: ??? 3 shift levers, F-N-R/1,2,3/H-L and no clutch pedal. (Thinking its a 9150 w/torque convertor???) Grader won't move. Trying to asses the situation before purchasing. Any info would be great. Thanks.