Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

DRMCO D-600 grader transmission

AUSTOUGH GRADER ยท 2012-05-28 03:07

Hi All, I am chasin information on whom or where I can get parts for a DRMCO D-600 grader transmission, The model of the transission is a DRMCO 1938 and it failed the hi lo clutch pack and I am trying to chase up parts or a full rebuild kit cause i wont to rebuild the tranny at the same time(and also any information about the transmission). Any infomation would be really helpful and I wil purchace parts world wide. If anyone would like to see photos to help let me know. Thankyou Will

Replies12
  1. #1JDOFMEMI2012-05-28 12:14

    I have never heard of a DRMCO grader. What is it?

  2. #2BillG2012-05-28 12:40

    DRMCO D600 is a Champion, Does it have a Detroit with an Allison or some other configuration.

  3. #3AUSTOUGH GRADER2012-05-28 12:40

    DRMCO stands for Dominion Road machinery Company which build a heap of graders. They then became champion graders and then in the early 90s became volvo. Thats a very rough picture. In there day they would have been one of the most popular machine due to having full hydaulic functions.

  4. #4AUSTOUGH GRADER2012-05-28 12:43

    Its got a N-855-c cummins engine in it which is running about 190hp in this model.

  5. #5AUSTOUGH GRADER2012-05-28 12:45

    Its got a N-855-c cummins engine in it which is running about 190hp in this model and its running this DRMCO-1938 transmission.

  6. #6Diagonal Brace2012-05-28 22:29

    Just to say I believe it is a model 9138 transmission. Call Jade Equipment in Edmonton Alberta Canada 780 452 7021. They should be able to point you in the right direction.

  7. #7AUSTOUGH GRADER2012-05-29 08:28

    Thanks mate I will give that a go !

  8. #8562C2012-06-04 05:55

    Not sure of the numbers, but I have a buddy that is a factory trained champion mechanic. Is this the 8 speed power shift transmission? one stick is forward/reverse, the other 1 to 8?

  9. #9Phil Hunt Parts2012-07-17 19:24

    Will, I am Dismantling a DRMCO D600 Grader and I have a complete Transmission. Contact me on our Work Number 02 6762 4466, My name is Brendan. Cheers.

  10. #10Matt992016-07-17 09:14

    I need info on the 9138 or a complete trans shipped to North Pole alaska

  11. #11Matt992016-12-17 06:30

    Do you still have the transmission

  12. #12swampyro2018-08-18 00:07

    Hi just wonder if anyone is still around, we've got a D600 DRMCO Champion, & cant get the blade rail to slide either way, everything else works fine, blade tilts, heal and toes, just will NOT slide... could there be a common problem? Any help would be great thanks, [email protected]