Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Drott Parts Needed

koalamotorsport ยท 2013-08-04 00:16

Hey Guys. My old Drott 50 is becoming problematic. I keep throwing tracks because only half the rollers still roll. Some are so bad they are ground flat on the bottom. I've googled to death looking for parts, with little luck. In most cases, used upper rollers will still be operational (mine certainly are fine), no matter how rough the machine is. That's 4 per machine, gee, I only need to find about 5 machines being parted out...... I pulled one of the seized ones and tried to dismantle it, but they are so rusted after 40 odd years, that cherry red heat and a 25 ton press would not move the shaft in the block, even after drilling out the roll pins. I do not have a serial number for the machine, the plate is missing, but as best I can tell from the parts book I have, it is a DMC undercarriage used on the early machines from serial 1 through 306. My parts book is missing pages B12 through B15, so not sure if there is any more relevant info in those pages that I am not privy to. So, if anyone comes across an old Drott for sale, or parts, please let me know. I'm not sure if the ones from a Case 980 would work, they look similar but are probably not interchangeable. Anyone know for sure? The part number I'm coming up with for a complete roller was 39510M1 as of July 1971. Google shows nothing on that number, so not sure what the Case supersession was. Thanks! Brett

Replies2
  1. #1lantraxco2013-08-04 02:28

    Well, if you need to replace all of them, it shouldn't be too hard to convert it to something readily available. Post some dimensions, diameter, width of the track, outside width of the roller shell, bolt pattern just for giggles. Somebody will have a Berco book and should be able to find a close match. Might have to weld in some blocks for roller mounts, or drill and tap some holes, hard to say.

  2. #2koalamotorsport2013-08-04 11:25

    I'm not sure I *have* to replace all of them, but a lot for sure. What you say makes a lot of sense. I'll see if I can find some time later this month to drop one out and measure it up. Thanks for the idea!