Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dt466b

dsgsr ยท 2017-01-18 18:18

How expensive are the injector lines to replace? just bought a truck and they are pretty rusty. Thanks DaveG

Replies6
  1. #1dsgsr2017-01-21 16:55

    Anyone ever done this? any idea? DaveG

  2. #2Delmer2017-01-21 18:18

    Apparently not? It's not a real critical failure, so I suppose most people just wait until one rusts through, which is probably rare. If you suddenly lose one cylinder, make sure it's not spaying on the exhaust I think that's pretty hard on a DT466.

  3. #3Old Doug2017-01-22 12:26

    These are the engines tractor pullers use if you could find a puller he should have a pile of them. I dont have any right now but i have had alot of them in my scrap pile.

  4. #4Delmer2017-01-27 13:38

    https://lacrosse.craigslist.org/grd/5977623019.html You could try this guy. IF you have the same injection pump and injectors.

  5. #5dsgsr2017-02-03 17:18

    Thank you for the replies. I think I have found a used set here in Maine, We'll see. DaveG

  6. #6mike_belben2017-02-06 11:41

    That engine is worth up to $3,000USD in guatemala as a core, so buy up every cheap spare you see before you need it. There are crews of exporter smurfs buying up all the mechanical 466 trucks they can and chopping them at local wrecking yards then exporting the vittles. I know of one group that sends a boxtruck every 3-4 weeks. 6-7 cut trucks inside per haul. I used to trip over 466s until i needed parts.