Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dumb PT100F High flow question

L3akaL3 ยท 2025-06-18 13:54

Found & fixed another high flow leak. Before I put everything back together, I'd like to check for more leaks before I put everything back together so I can see better. Can I turn on high flow with nothing attached without hurting anything? I'd rather not drive out and hook up my mulcher with a lot of stuff disconnected just to do a quick test. I think I can just turn on the high flow in each direction to check for leaks on both feed and return by toggling the switch one way then the other but don't know if it will hurt the pump etc with the flow deadheading at the couplers and nothing attached so they have the ability to flow and use case drain if needed. Do I need to have something hooked up just to test?

Replies2
  1. #1Tones2025-06-18 16:26

    Should be OK to test as long as the hose couplings don't leak. The pump is protected with a relief valve.

  2. #2HarleyHappy2025-06-19 07:26

    No, when you activate the HF it will show if there are any leaks, without something attached. Just make sure you activate switches to go both ways.