Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Durham’s Transport

EDGLimited ยท 2013-06-19 10:16

Heavy Hauler - Hydra Deck

Replies5
  1. #1Andrew_D2013-06-19 12:50

    What? Where? Why? Andrew

  2. #2EDGLimited2013-06-20 02:30

    Hi Andrew, This was a specialised trailer made for Durhams Transport, based in Christchurch, New Zealand. Durhams haul loads well in excess of 100 tons. Loads can include overwidth and transformers for the hydro dams. Depending on where the load is to be delivered, they may encounter narrow roads with bridges. This trailer has the ability to raise itself (as shown) and therefore negotiate the bridge without hitting the sides. When this pic was taken, it was having a foot repaired. Drew

  3. #3Andrew_D2013-06-20 06:37

    Now we need pics of it with a wide load being lifted to pass over the bridge!!! I've seen home movers lift a house to pass over a bridge, but never seen a trailer quite like that before! Andrew

  4. #4JDOFMEMI2013-07-01 01:37

    That looks like a good idea for the situation described. I agree, pictures of it working would be nice.

  5. #5glenlunberg2013-09-04 21:37

    I'm not familiar with this trailer but based on the EDGLimited that trailer is awesome for hauling equipment! I would like to see more pictures of that!