Looking for belly doors or information/pictures so I can build some for a DW-10 equipped with a Dump Wagon. I have been told that Cat built these bottom dumps themselves. No picture of the dump wagon available yet.
These might help?
Wow, great videos of the DW-10 dump wagons. I believe this one will match the one that is in the 1.03 long video. It looks different than the other one with the square back. It has braces in the back like the short video one. It currently has a modern looking scraper style water tank built over the whole wagon attaching only on the front and back structural members. The person that owned it told me the wagon is intact except for the doors were removed when they built it. I want to cut the tank off and return it to a dump wagon. When I look in the fill port it looks complete as much as I can see it. Just want to know what I am getting into. Do you know whom owns the DW-10 in the short 1.07 long video you posted? I would like to get in contact and find out about taking a look after I get this one opened up.
I don't know who owns it, I just found it on youtube. But I would contact the Historical Construction Equipment Association and explain what is going on and see if they are able to help you out. http://www.hcea.net/
i think that was at rollage the year that we met there. i think it lives on the East cost.
I know who owns it Roger. I think it is the twin to yours.
I would love to get in touch with them. PM me their information if you can.
Dave Grid in Seward Nebraska may be of help as he stored an early DW10 scraper a few years ago. The wagons probably were built by the Athey company. I'll dig thru my old literature and see if they feature them. Hope this helps.