Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

IH E200 Regulating Valve Leak Pics

rust&grease ยท 2017-09-25 11:30

Im working on a E200 with a DT414 and Clark 4 speed. Ive owned it 2 years for farm use and it operates great for its age with some minor leaks here and there. In the process of adding a new transmission oil temp gauge I noticed a leak from the pressure regulating valve which mounts on the back of the hydraulic pressure pump. (see pics and parts list) I have lots of minor leaks of course, but on start up its putting out a pretty steady flow of oil that I didn't see under the machine before. The Stop valve seal (#10 in parts list) is where its coming from. It appears its upside down from the other metal seal /cap (#7) and has some punch marks on it. Also the roll pin(#9) it not installed and I don't see a hole for it since the inverted cap is possibly covering it? My hydraulic oil looks very clean. I use the same IH approved hydraulic oil in my IH 1066 and 1086. Haven't tried it at operating temps since I found the leak. Bad seal? Hyd filter plugged? Wrong seal/cap? Might stop after warm up?

Replies1
  1. #1rust&grease2017-09-25 14:03

    UPDATE: Pulled the filter. Cut the can and washed out the pleats. Pretty clean. Minor amounts of dirt, few specks of metal. Evidently changed just before I got the machine, Ive put about 80 hrs on it. Ive noticed the clutch pressure gauge holds about 280 psi. The operators manual says it should be 170-185 and to service filter if its above or below those number. But the service manual says 240 -280 in all gears. Anyone have experience with these pressure readings?