I am in the process of getting some brakes on this beauty but am having one heck of a time trying to locate a master cylinder. I have taken the old one in to the local parts store with no success. I am sure that Wagner does have a match but I am sure that the parts guy just doesn’t want to take the time Any help is appreciated Sam
The problem with parts stores is they only know how to look stuff up by application. So if your machine is not listed they can't help you. Tings are worse with the electronic catalogs and the dumbing down of society. I have been in the automotive service industry for 35 years. Used to be mechanics starting out had some experience. They worked in gas stations, played with cars in the parent's garages, etc. Now kids buy a little tool box at Home Depot and think they will work on cars. They have no idea how to do anything. The extent of their experience is adding some lights to their car. The same goes for parts guys. 30 years ago it was hard to find a good one. Back then at least there were paper catalogs where you could look up master cylinders and brake parts by the specs. With electronic catalogs the counter guy has no way to do that even if he wanted. Are there any casting numbers on the old master cylinder? I would Google and see if you can find a catalog that lists dimension. Then you could find one that fits and figure out the application so you can go to the parts store and tell them what it fits.