I have a dynahoe 190 I picked up pretty cheap everything works great on it but I can’t find the serial number anywhere on the machine to know exactly what year it is incase I need parts I looked on the frame rail any suggestions would be greatly appreciated I did get these numbers off a plate D ) 190 - 4 A D 1616E
Not a regular 190, 190-4, That machine can do some heavy lifting, although kinda slow by todays standards. Those things were everywhere here in NYC anytime a big sewer job was going on. Now the rubber tired excavator has replaced most all RT backhoes on those types of jobs. Nick
i need swing cylinders for my dynahoe 200
Dynaslow? dynasaur? Swing cylinders, are they missing?
Just wondering? Who built the old Dynahoe brand of machines? When did they go out of business? Jeff
Hy-Dynamic Company of Lake Bluff, Ill and I think they got sucked up by Bucyrus Erie mid 60's then Terex and wrapped up in the late 70s?
Hy-Dynamic was a Frank G Hough company. BE bought them out in August 1971 after an independent survey of construction equipment owners conducted by Construction Methods magazine showed Dynahoe to be the number one preference in the US over all competitive models. They were designed for high production in severe digging applications. They also got Hydrocranes in the deal. Northwest Engineering bought the Dynahoe line in 1986. It was made up of ex BE employee's under a BE Construction products banner. They bought the Terex brand and eventually became a subsidiary of Terex. The last Dynahoe was shipped in 1993.
I was mistaken about the Hydrocranes coming from Hy-Dynamic. They got rough terrain wheel-mounted cranes in the Hy-Dynamic deal.
They had some features that were well ahead of their time, wondering what the big downfall was?
I'd guess manueverability is really lacking and have read they are kind of slow. They'd also be very loud with Detroit 2 strokes.
by loud you mean heavenly? save for the operator on a 12 hour day.
no sent them out to have them resealed and they wanted 4500 so i had them returned to me ,they at first would not sell me the seal kits and now they are going to because they returned them with all seals missing and they lost them
What all did they say was wrong with them?