Hi guys just wondering if anyone has had experience with a CAT E120B low track power on one side.? I also note the dual speed control has no effect. Is the control solenoid 24Vdc. I am also looking for manuals and service info. I bought the machine second hand approx 5000 Hours. Any help or advise would be great.
Post a Serial Number please. That will make it easuer to look up details of what manuals might be out there.
6JF01077
OK, so the manuals are as follows:- Parts - XEBP9956. Here is one on eBay . Shipping to your location may be costly so another option would be to download a pdf version from the Cat Pubs website for US$124. Just search for XEBP9956. You would have that in 5 minutes. Service - SENR4560. This manual will also include an Operation & Maintenance Manual plus electrical & hydraulic schematics. If you find a used one always ask if it is complete as per the contents page inside the binder. As an example see this eBay listing which in the notes states "no missing pages". There is also a photo of the contents page in the listing. The other option is a pdf version of the same information on a CD which sells for $US655.
I can help you with an electrical schematic but I'll have to find a copy. I have one for an E120B but it only covers machines in a Serial Number range earlier than your machine. I'll go searching and report back. The earlier machines have a 24v electrical system and I can't see yours being any different. Regarding low tracking power maybe the excavator specialists can help you more. One thing you can possibly do is to compare case drain oil flow between the LH & RH travel motors. To do this you need to jam something like a towing pin between the sprocket and the track then operate the motor until the track stalls. Remove the case drain line and run the flow into a bucket. Repeat for the other side and compare how much oil is collected in say 15 seconds of stall.
Cheers
Many thanks, the machine has 2 batteries in series so I know the system is 24Vdc wanted to check if the control solenoids were 24Vdc before I try and hard connect one if the supply is missing. If you can help with a manual that would be greatly appreciated cheers