John Deere excavator ser #; FF350DX806210 at start up below 0 degrees it's supposed to bump throttle up to 1400 RPM to warm up hydraulics. This unit is starting and reving up to 90% throttle for around 15 minutes then to auto decel low throttle. Does anyone have any ideas what I can try ,possibly hydraulic temp sensors. Can't find anything to read on this other than hydraulic temperature sensor bumps engine up to 1400 rpm till hydraulic oil Warm
I don’t have any way to decipher the sn.. so I don’t know if the inj pump is electrical or mechanical.. if it’s mechanical it must have an actuator to bump it that hi.. If it’s an electric inj pump, idk what u could do about that.
Any codes? Do you know to access codes in the monitor? Check your messages.
Accessed codes and there isn't any codes .
It has electric unit injectors with high pressure pump.
I found a solution (Deere speak for bulletin) that when the temp is 0*C at cold start up the engine rpm will rise until the hydraulic temperature reaches 2*C, then drop to low idle regardless of throttle position. It says it is normal. Check your messages to see if the information matches what is happening to your unit.
Yes read that bulletin, only problem is at 0* C it's supposed to rev up to 1400 rpm to warm up but this is is around 2000 RPM . Just wondering what would cause the extr 600 RPM it's almost full throttle at cold start up
It’s probably adjustable using the Deere “data-link”.. If u spend A LOT of time in that machine at that temp, it’s probably worth it to get someone out to adjust it.?? It sure would save a lot of wear and tear on ur engine.. IMO. Has it ALWAYS done it.??
something recent
I will call dealer and ask ,another question does the fan motor and EGR valve have to be recalibrated when replaced on the 350 DLC
EGR needs to be calibrated. Fan motor, no. I would ask the dealer to check for codes. Sometimes we see codes with our software that does not show in the monitor.