When will i ever remember its never easy. I am swaping the engine for another out of a truck 2 years newer and with out looking at the door tag you wouldnt know they were not the same year but what i thought could be done in one long day may take 4.
*Sigh* I feel your pain.... been there done that. And the hurrier you go the behinder you get in my experience.
Still, getting it done is four is better than the box of parts you need is two weeks back ordered. Howard
I know this all too well. "simple stuff" can be the worst.
And, if it ain't done yet, there are more surprises in store. None will be happy surprises. These things build character my wife tells me. If it all happens outdoors in a rain storm she'd say it's building memories. She's sort of a glass half full person. A weeks camping vacation with a 12 month old child when we discovered our campsite was on the edge of a cliff overlooking Some's Sound, it rained steady all week. He was fascinated with fireplace ashes. A year earlier we'd have found something to entertain ourselves. That year, I saw it as misery. She saw it as a memory builder! Willie
Yep, a memory builder: " I sure as Hell will not forget THAT trip!"
Years ago in a past life working for the fire department. In the west you get to go all over the place to fires. Memories include hornets stealing food, fighting to keep from freezing when it snows on your lightweight fire clothes in the absolute middle of nowhere. Or on larger So Cal fires being out for 4 to 5 days at a time watching fire tornadoes and being out so long some trucks were running out of fuel. Walking for miles because some helicopter dropped you off in the middle of nowhere and then houred out or broke down and no way to communicate because batteries went dead days ago except standing on hilltops and yelling back and forth. It was sheer misery at the time but as years go by the memory of misery fades and the sense of overcoming remains. The one thing that makes the difference in a miserable job being a positive or negative experience after the fact is the employer or customer paying and expressing appreciation. If it turns out to be all for naught, it kind of puts a sour taste on the whole thing unless it is so awful it can be turned into a funny story later.
I had it started last night. We have been swamped at work so i only got to take off half a day last week and i have put in about 3 hours every night on it. I had the truck that the engine came out of so i had every thing i needed good thing because i had to swap the crossmembers under the engine mount and radiator. I never thought it would be so much work. I have a 73 IH that i put a chevy engine in and i did have a 78 ford that i put a chevy in they were not as hard as puting a newer ford in a older ford. If i fill like it i may just about finish it up to day but my shoulders are killing me from mounting truck tires yesterday. I dont have much money in this truck or its parts and if every thing works out i will get alot of good out of it.