Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

ECM for D4G XL

GQL ยท 2023-02-16 19:59

Hi; I'm totally new in this forum and I appreciate all the assistance I can get. I'm searching for a ECM for a a Cat D4G XL that has a 3046 engine. Serial number appears in jpg. Can any of you point me in the right direction? The original disappeared. Thanks and be well.

Replies1
  1. #1Nige2023-02-16 20:31

    The ECM you require is Part Number 228-0382, or the updated Part Number 304-5687. The difficulty for you is that this same Part Number of ECM is used in literally hundreds of Caterpillar applications and what would make it suitable for your D4G is the 353-5088 Part Number of software that would be installed in it. Buy one from a Cat dealer and you could have the correct software installed in it at the time of purchase. If you buy a used one from another source it could have any software in it (or even none at all) and most probably would not work. To change installed software Part Numbers requires a special process to "wash" the ECM memory before installing the correct software Part Number. Oh, and BTW only Cat dealers have the necessary resources to install software in Cat ECMs. I feel that you have a difficult task ahead.