Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

who makes a good wireless a2b

stumper120 ยท 2014-01-30 15:55

Ok men, I need to retrofit my old grove with a wireless a2b, and maybe someday a boom angle indicator and load cell, looks like crane smart has the setup. any ideas what it cost and how well it holds up. I also looked at a just a2b system from liftek seems to have a rugged switch but is only a dedicated a2b.. pros, cons any other suggestions.

Replies7
  1. #1dbl6122014-01-30 18:51

    have installed several cranesmart load cell systems-bulletproof and nice people to work with. PAT makes a good wireless a2b system that is available through most grove dealers.

  2. #2John C.2014-01-30 20:37

    Years ago I installed several Greer systems that incorporated a2b, boom angle and load cells. Everybody wondered how long the batteries lasted and I had a couple of customers say a little over three years. That company probably got bought out cause I don't get ad material from them anymore.

  3. #3kat092014-01-31 10:11

    hands down the best stuff. http://www.loadsystems.com/

  4. #4Tiny2014-01-31 13:20

    No clue who's stuff is the best but the company used crane smart , they set out in the weather on the boom trucks inside on the rigs

  5. #5Sirthor18812014-02-01 10:14

    We have installed many Cranesmart systems. I like the load cells set up, seems to work well.

  6. #6BTS2014-02-03 15:48

    Agree with Kat09 LSI is definitely the way to go for ease and rugged construction. More info here http://www.lsiwireless.com/product/anti-two-block-display/ PAT - Hirschmann is OK, but you have to have a PRS40 or PRS80 in cab unit with it and that gets expensive.

  7. #7timgiles2014-03-27 13:33

    I personally believe that CraneSmart is the best. Rugged, affordable, and very simple to use.