Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Engine Block Heaters

Carrazi ยท 2008-12-22 09:45

I was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations or experience with engine block heaters on a 416 CAT with a 4.236 Perkins. I was leaning towards the frost plug style, Should I go with a 750 watt or 1000watt. any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you, Carrazi

Replies3
  1. #112 Wyoming2008-12-22 11:32

    I have a frost plug block heater in my Cat 426. It works great. Im not sure of the wattage. Go with the 1000 watt if you can. Every bit helps.

  2. #2CCGC2009-01-03 23:29

    I have the kind that sticks on the oil pan and its not that great.i would get the frost plug heater. 1000 watt.

  3. #3dirt digger2009-01-03 23:56

    a lot of farmers up here run that style that recirculates your anti-freeze...pretty simple to install, basically re-route a cooling line and stick the unit in there, i assume they work well because i see them on almost every piece of equipment around dealers and auctions up here