Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Engine/injector pump timing on a new holland LB75B

Vetech63 ยท 2017-07-10 16:08

New Holland / Iveco engine model 445T S# 00130474 New Holland LB75B Machine S# 031050477 This look pretty simple but I need to make sure Im right. The injector pump has a timing bolt on the side that has it locked in proper timing position, but my question is the proper engine placement for pump installation. I have a push pin directly under the injector pump that inserts into a hole in the flywheel at #1 TDC. Is anyone familiar with this particular engine? It looks to be similar to cummins engines I have done in the past. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks, JEff

Replies10
  1. #1thepumpguysc2017-07-10 19:00

    Your good.. push in the engine pin till it locks.. lock the pump, back out the engine pin & pop off the nut & gear.. & send me the pump.. {LOL}

  2. #2Vetech632017-07-11 18:27

    LOL I would but it has already been rebuilt here. The pump was installed but the engine still has a bad power problem.....starts well and will achieve high idle, but falls fast under a hydraulic load. I was told I need the boost pressure from the turbo to achieve full fuel on this pump , I believe they told me 15 psi boost pressure. I see nothing wrong with the turbo so far so this is becoming a head scratcher. New supply pump, fuel filter, open return and suction lines......all ok. Im having the injectors rebuilt at the moment so I will be back on this in a couple of days.

  3. #3thepumpguysc2017-07-11 18:41

    Theres an EASY way to check the boost, other than hooking up a boost gauge.. BUT a gauge is THE BEST WAY.. Get a portable air tank & hook it to the machine at the boost inlet on the pump.. regulate it to 15-17psi & put her to work for a few minutes.. IF it comes alive.. either the turbo is loosing its boost or the boost rate on the pump is set wrong.. The "rate" is easily "adjusted", on the engine..

  4. #4Vetech632017-07-13 20:53

    I will definitely check the boost again once I get my turbo and injectors which should be any day. I appreciate your help and will report back here in a few days! Thanks!

  5. #5irncwby442017-07-15 00:08

    Another good thing to do while you have it down is after you install the pump make sure your valves are all adjusted properly (it might need new valve cover gaskets and isolators anyways). This way you know your golden on the mechanical side when you fire that new rebuilt pump and injectors off.

  6. #6GaryHoff2017-07-18 23:26

    I have had the injection pumps not be locked in the right position from the rebuild shops. (due to them not knowing your timing spec, as it varies with hp ratings) Your pump should have the slotted mounting holes in it. Did you mark the pump to the front cover? If not you should check your timing. The timing procedure is pretty much the same as the dodge pick ups, which has a wealth of information online. The timing spec for your engine should be around 1.25mm + or - 0.05mm ( I will double check the spec for your model) FYI the engine runs better a bit advanced. You may want to install a clear fuel line on the suction side to see if you are sucking in air. Lift pump pressure is 5-7psi. The plastic lines are prone to cracking and sucking in air. The diaphragm lift pumps are prone to failure also. Go to minute 4:30 http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Injection-Pu...224566?hash=item4d3efc9d76:g:vI8AAOSwnLdWqdDp

  7. #7Vetech632017-07-21 21:46

    Thanks guys. I got the new injectors and turbo on the engine today and it runs perfect. It seems I wasn't getting the fuel to achieve turbo boost, but also wasn't getting the turbo boost to get the fuel....a catch 22. Thanks again for the help!

  8. #8thepumpguysc2017-07-22 07:56

    I see that a lot.. some people/rebuilders "forget" to check the boost rate on the inj. pump.. & if the customer has a weak turbo they'll never achieve full power.. I ALWAYS set mine to come in afew pounds early/fast.. just to compensate for a weak turbo.. Glad you gotter figured out..

  9. #9toreed472023-06-07 10:54
  10. #10toreed472023-06-07 11:00

    I have a 2004 lb75.b s/n 031049943 the injection pump is leaking fuel. Can you post the proper way to remove the pump. DPS203 I have not been able to find the wright proper way to remove it. The pump mounts at the rear of eng.