Can engine be removed without having it rotatable?
Yes, The torque convertor will have to come with it though. What do you think is wrong with the engine, crankshaft seized , rusted liners or..?
When I removed the exhaust manifold water poured out. Widow let it set 15 years after husband passed. Exhaust pipe had curved top but sometimes along the way it rusted a little hole or two removed head and cylinders are a mess. Hoe was just rebuilt before he died too . Been unable to free it up. If I remove will invert and cut the rods so I can drive piston and sleeves out the top. Amazing thing is the bottom end has no rust.
What’s the plan with the crank and block after the rods, pistons / liners are removed ?
If all looks good order an engine kit. If not, move on to other projects. I have other backhoes so just tinkering with this in spare time. It was a free item for the hauling.
If you aren't in a hurry, have you tried ATF in the cylinders? Leave it there for a week and it will penetrate the rust.
Old Navy man told me to use wintergreen oil for that.
How about Wint-O-Green life savers? If they don't work will make you feel better anyway. wint o green life savers - Search Videos Watch videos instantly on Bing—enjoy direct playback, discover related clips, and dive into trending content all in one place. www.bing.com