I was wondering what anyone has for camera security on a job site or equipment yard with 12 volt power? Some thing like a motion activated camera that could run on a 12 volt battery power. I would love to catch some thieves and vandals in action. Any tips would be appreciated.
I have used simple game cameras to IP cameras tied to theinternet with e watchign at home. Gander mountain had game cameras on sale for $179. With this it will take pictures of everything that makesa motion. You can get the bear cage to hep secure it. IP cameras are nice jsut getting internet acess is sometimes a pain.
Looks good for me to get one. As I know nothing about them I see battery life, wide angle, infarad, digital and capacity for pictures are important. Any other things to look for? Anyone use a particular mode with some feed back? I see some use a memory card and have battery life of 6 months. If I had battery life of a week or two it would be great. I guess I would hide it in something so thieves didn't just cover it. Any suggestions on that aspect of it would be appreciated.
i have a sticker on my high dollar equipment with brakeable glass thats very small. all it says is "support your local hells angles" best security system i bought yet
trouble is the 10-13 year old kids who did 9,000 in damages to my equipment would not be impressed. I doubt the Angles who be either if not paying a vig.
HI, You can buy automatic cameras that some hunters use to document game activity...They run off their own battery....I would get the one that uses an infrared flash (invisible to humans) BUT will take a pic in total darkness....Reason being...if you buy the ones with a regular flash the vandal / thief could see the light from the flash and steal /break you camera too....that would only be insult to injury....Best to spend the little extra for the infrared models. Hope this helps you. Good luck! Andrew
As a hunter that owns two "game" cameras...an old film with a heat sensor, and a new digtal. I like the digital better because like Andy said you can set it to no flash, so the vandel wont even know what happend, and wont be able to just jack the camera from you. But I think with the new technology, they are making trail cameras that send the pics, via satalite to your computer or cell phone. That would be the way to go!
getting a cell phone picture would be a hoot! Bad news for thieves and vandals.:guns:shf
Might not go over to good with the local Outlaws tho. Pete
The H.A.'s have most of the theives trained not to even try it. And no comment on the rest.
Oh....another thing that may be helpful depending on your situation may be a "burglar bomb"....basically a trip wire or passive infrared activated OC cartridge that dispenses gas to physically repel people....once tripped the cartridge dispenses a fog until empty....mainly for indoor use but can work outside as well....as a bonus if the perp is in the "fog" they are UV dyed as well for ID later. Andrew