I do resadintial graeding/clearing, and some landscapeing like new yards and retaining walls. I own a kubota L3430 tractor, cat 303.5 mini excavator, low-flow bobcat t190, old new holland l555 skid laoder, international 230hp dt466 single axle dump truck, and 10 ton trailer thats rated for 10 tons after the traler weight is considered. What is the one peace of equipment that yall recomend for my company primarly for graeding and clearing that i can pull with my truck on my 10 ton trailer? Primarly something that will take down the big trees faster and help me clear and graed lots faster. I currently clear big trees with my small compact excavator by diging around the tree and breaking the roots free and pushing it over. I've took down oaks up 38'' in diameter but its time consuming digging around all these trees when im clearing a lot. I just whant to be able to clear faster primarly. Thanks
It sounds like you´ve already got what you can haul on that trailer. If this year looks promising, I´d be looking to trade up to a bigger truck and trailer. If you need to drop 38'' diameter trees in a hurry, a 20 ton hoe is a great asset.
A nice little Cat d3 or a JD 450 might do the trick for you. Im pretty sure they are under 10 tonnes, but i never was a math wiz:bash haha -Ben
I agree with this, I don't think you would gain that from going machines that wouldnt overload your trailer.
I agree with this, I don't think you would gain much going with machines that wouldnt overload your trailer. I can take out tree's with my backhoe, but nothing like a larger excavator. It is night and day difference, IMHO!
Yeh i know a 20 ton excavator would be nice! Unfortunatly i dont have the money to go with that. What do yall think about a 9ton excavator? Am i going to see a big gain in saving time and taking the trees down faster? I dont run into trees like that alot its just a acasional size ill run into. The biggest tree i usualy run into is about 20"-24" in diameter. Im just trying to decide weather to go with a 9ton excavator that i can pull with my truck or pay a tractor to hawl a excavator for me like a cat312, or jd120?
One thing to do would be rent or demo a machine that size and see how productive it is for what you are doing. Might be practical to add a rubber tire hoe to your lineup. Might dig the trees out better than your mini ex and then you have a loader available when needed. I would definitely get a 4 in 1 bucket on it. Just a thought.
If you're paying for taxi service, the price is probably the same whether they're hauling 12 tons or 20 tons. You'd be surprised at the good deals you can get on a 20 ton machine these days. :beatsme
JCA, go over to Linder Equipment and talk to a salesman and tell him you want to try out a PC78, we have one of these, I have not had a chance to run ours yet, but after seeing it in action I think it will help you out, it is not a EX200 Hitachi, (I have used it around the farm to clear land, AWESOME!) but the PC78 weighs in a little over 18000 lbs.