so i called my local cat dealer on how much it would cost to freight a cat mini from north Carolina to Oregon he said about 4K to 5K does that sound about right and it would be transferring machine through cat dealers
I am not sure what frieght rates are now But it seems high to me. Does it need to go through the dealer or can you hire your own trucking compay. I would think as long as it is a mini it would only be a partial load.
it would be purchased through the dealer im thinking if it be alot cheaper to fly to the location purchase it rent a truck and trailer and drive it home
Is this a new machine or used? If it is new then why the added freight? If it is used, is it that good of a deal?
I would say that sounds really high. For half loads on stepdecks I generally pay 1.00 to 1.50 a mile on transborder routes. What is the weight of the machine and the distance?
it is a used machine
i do not know the distance but the weight of the machine is around 6,000#
moving equipment Call several freight companies, sounds a little high to me. Are you getting that good of a deal, after you add the $5000 freight? I have better luck, buying closer to home. With the ecomony like it is now, I would think you could find a better deal closer to home. Another thing, with the weather like it is now, it might cost you more, if they get stopped part way because of the weather. Good Luck
Yea that seems real high. I'm sure every trucking company in America would like to move that freight for that money. If you can find a trucking company that can move it for you if the dealer will allow it. JJ
Is the sale closed or is it based on finding a shipper. I would think you could get a referal from some one on here for a broker or a trucking company. I ran the mileage from charlotte sc to portland Or and was about 3000 miles on google pay miles would be about 2800 so 3000 grand would be about right any thing higher is somebody making alot of money. Depending on the amount of deck space it takes it could be less if you find a truck looking to put toghether a few partail loads.
Try uship.com or I've had good luck with Admiral Merchants Motor Freight but I don't know what their phone number is. You're best bet might be to look in your local phone book. Sometimes small outfits will give good deals if they want their trucks home.
What model tractor is it? What is the origin and destination zip? I might be able to refer somebody to you if i can get the info. We ship equipment quite often.
I have used uship.com twice. It worked out great for me both times.
the origin is somewhere in north Carolina and the destination zip is 97124
how about the model tractor? I need the dims and weight to get an accurate quote.
dims = dimensions the measure is for volume... to weight.... Take packing peanuts no weight, yet still high shipping cost. I doubt the hoe would ship dim... unless it take up a lot of space.. Just picture it in a box, then measure it...for the dims. maybe ABF. . http://www.upack.com/ don't know if practical or allowed
i do not know what the dimensions are but here is the link for the mini http://catused.cat.com/en/Equipment/CATERPILLAR/TRACK-EXCAVATORS/303cr/1201152/For-Sale.aspx
It's 8' 2" tall 5' 1" wide 15' 8" long..... boom folded.... laying down weight 7835 pounds and could probably get it to 9' ish long with the boom removed, and shipped beside it.
thanks heavylift
Most guys wouldn't touch that with the boom removed because they dont want to get held up on the unloading of it (twice as long to unload). And who is going to pay to have the boom removed and reasembled?
I agree boom stays on they can extend it or swing to the side and put other freight under it or along side of it. Hell they can fit this in an empty can deadheading to the west coaet
update checked on the machine today dealer told me it was sold so i guess ill haft to find another excavator i will be starting another thread in the compact excavators section about a cat i found but no door
uship worked great for me too.
Well not to advertise our service as I am here because I like heavy equipment and am more than happy to help others with questions/concerns with weight, utility obstructions, permits and other obstacles but... More heads are better than one. If you search the term "heavy haul loadboard" you'll probably get a company that can provide many heads. In this case you'd want to make sure you have a model number and weights/dims in order to get an accurate quote.
Oh. I see your specs pardon me. Try to find one closer as that quote was a little high but depending on how quick you wanted it.......