some good ones here.
Those are some really good pictures most of them seem to happen in the winter time going through frost.
At one time i even thought about buying some Candian base used equipment. After seeing them pictures thanks ,but NO!!!!!!!!!! thanks:usa
I think I would just stand there and cry if I saw one of my excavators sunk like that.:crying
You do realize that KoO will be drooling at the possibilities when he sees this thread? The one pic where the flatbed had slide off the road, looked like he spun out going up the hill and couldn't hold it.....bet he did some puckering when that started going over!! Another thing a lot of you may not be aware of, standard insurance policies don't usually cover anything when you travel onto frozen lakes etc....so if it's a small guy, and environmental charges get involved....ouch.
The last 2 pics with the Link Belt, I'd say just dig a hole beside it and roll the excavator into it an bury it, Link Belts suck.
Looks like they already did.....as a trench. I have a feeling someone was running parallel to it while reaching across to backfill, and pulled themselves in. Oops!
Oh Canada! It makes a guy wonder how we make a go of it. Some guys learns the hard way. The only big messes we ever got into were with rookies. Can you post a bigger pic of that BBQ in your signature?
All in a days work, going after and retrieving machines stuck like this. Wyoming, West Virginia, Florida, Michigan, Utah, northern Ontario, Vietnam, other places. Winter, summer, spring, and fall. Been there and done that. Part of why I'm such a wreck myself these days. Cold water, Muskeg, snow and ice, they take a toll on you. I'd like to know where the grader operator is though, I don't see any tracks in the snow of him coming out, nor anyone going in to get him.
Nice!
I still cant believe people get equipment stuck like that...
Them there are fighting words.
I watched an operater get the new 385 that is only a few months old stuck to the bottom of the house today. Took a 320 and about an hour to get him out. good thing for him the bottom of the soggy preload was only 5 feet down or who knows how deep it would have gone. I would have taken photos but we are working for Boeing at their 747-757-767-777-787 assembley facilities and photo taking will get you treated like a terrorist by the fine folks at the Boeing Security Police. Also the 30 ton Komatsu trucks got stuck a few times as well as the D5R LGP and the D3C LGP. Thank got for lots of iron on this job to save the day. I was impressed by the operator of the 385, once he realized he was not gonna get out easiely, he put the bucket down and got help... no damage to the belly of the house or even much mud on the counterweight. Something tells me he has been stuck before.
I just don't like LB's, no cup holders!!
Since you have given a perfectly good reason for your harsh statement, I'll attempt to intercede on your behalf with my good friend Truckie. Hopefully, bloodshed can still be averted. Please try to remember though, that we are a very sensitive group, and it would be wise to consider, before you say them, how the things you say might be interpreted. (There, I've done my moderatorly duty for the day. It's too late for this year's Nobel Peace Prize, but I'm making a strong run for next year's...)
Sometimes you just have to make the best of the situation and wedge your cup between the side of the cab and the seat frame, that way everytime the excavator shakes the drink can spill out and land all of the guages and controls. Then the dust will stick to it and form a very nice dark brown protection from the sun and UV rays. It's a win, win situation :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup
lol..that sounds familiar...
Letting him clean the tracks on that 385 alone is justice enough
all i can say is holly ***** !!!! hope nobody was hurt !!!
nice pics