Hello, I was hoping i could get some feedback on how some people set up and lay a first pipe when starting a new sewer or s/w line.I have tried a couple of methods but find them to be time consuming. Thanks.
Ummm....make sure the trench is dug first? :beatsme
U must be a ********.
First pipe Not sure what you want to know. Do you use a pipe laser to keep grade/ straightness or use a GPS system for grade/ straightness? Do you have offset grade stakes? I lay a lot of pipe and with the pipe laser, I just start the end of the pipe were I'm suppose to then line it up to the end grade stake, by sighting down the pipe with a plumb line. Then set the pipe laser up and follow the beam. Never had a problem doing it that way. With offset stakes just measure the off set and the pipe should be directly under the end of the tape. With the GPS system just follow the GPS coordinates. All of the methods only takes just a few minutes. How do you do it??
RIGHT! There's really nothing to say. Dig the trench, get your pipe, glue it and fill it up with dirt....rock if it's perf. Blake WA
I think mightycelt left a lot to the imagination in the way the question was asked, and I think RKO took a shot at answering based on what he presumed was actually being asked. There's certainly more to it than throwing the pipe in the trench and covering it up though. At least if you want it to be on line and grade, there is. At least in my experience, there's a little bit of fussy work involved in getting the first one in correctly, although once you've got that one, the rest come fairly easily. Mightycelt, could you be a little more specific in what you're asking?
Need a little more direct questions, on certain situations, is it setting up a lazer in a deep mh, or starting storm pipe with no structure(poured head wall later)? tieing into existing wm, or starting short to allow room for a tapping machine? Lots of tricks, mostly experience agood crew thats worked together & the right tools make it look easy