Hey guys, stumbled upon this clip of these 'ol Eucs working. Pretty cool! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L45GRECeer0&feature=related
:thumbsup
Wouldn't mind hearing those twin Detroit 12v-71's howl!
X Quad Operator photos
more
Malcolm, thought you might enjoy these photos of the TSS40's. My friend in california Barry Bjornstad ran one of the TSS40's on the Castaic Dahm job in Castaic California for Western Construction, said how much he enjoyed running them, and said how fast they excellerated when they had a heaped load. I myself have ran the S40's with the V12, with twin 1271 blowers, and two turbows these were power houses, the trans were automatic but you still had to hand shift them and the front wheels always cane off the ground when leaving the push cats in first and second, they were a blast to run. Burt Altfillish still has a spread of the Euclid S40's and there still used. Thought you guys out there would enjoy these photos. Mike Nebergall.
Enjoyed the vid, wonder if it's all in So Cal? Tough bunch of guys back then and no OSHA
buckshot_86 ; Thanks for posting one of the best 1/2 hour of film i have seen in a long time, also great music thankyou and keep posting i really enjoyed it. Leroy PS And malcolm can you PLEASE keep posting, X Quad Operators Pictures. Happy Day
Great Pictures ,Thankyou, those were the Days of bulk earthworks ,great times, guess in todays lingo one would say .Fantastic,Awesome
Good morrning Leroy, I was searching through the net one day about four months ago, I always type in different things, cat DD9G quad photos, Cat 666 scrapers photos, D9H photos so one day I typed in TSS40 scrapers photos and this web site popped up there were two versions one for 31 seconds and guess what I got the 31 second version. I nearly had a hart attack and hit the wrong button, then I couldn't pull it back up, finelly the next day I found both versons the 31 seconds and the thirty 31 minit verson. No dought about it Mel's Video plowman58 I will never forget that web site as long as I live, Those Euclid TSS40's were one of the neatest scrapers ever made. Glad you enjoyed it did you figure out how to keep it? Mike Nebergall
Your welcome Leroy! It wasn't my video, but I saw it and was blown away. I knew there would be some folks on here who would enjoy it. The biggest scraper spread I have worked with up here were just 651's and 57's. Those TSS40's made those newer cat's look like toys!:laugh Great pictures X Quad Operator! I'm just a young buck, and it is a pleasure to see how you guys moved some serious dirt back then.
X Quad Operators photos
3 more
Hi Mike The green cat needs a re paint cheers Malcolm
Hi Mike/Malcolm Great shots....thanks
Hi guys. They would have to be been the dream machine for any scraper operator even today.....they had V16 71s in them not 12s
Malcolm, the first photo is of me on a DW20 with a 35 yard woolridge scraper and a 18A D9, and a 15A D8 pushing, notice the hand signal the back cat is giving my cousin in 1962. The second photo I'm running a new D8H with a 12 foot Ateco slope board for Sukut construction 1972. The third photo is Western Euclid's Tandum TS-33's total yardage 86 yards also called Big Daddy. I also through in one photo of the Cat 657 I ran that I painted Euclid green on my photography program How do you guys like the color? Mike Nebergall
16v 71's eh? Even better. I thought they were v12's!
Hi X QUAD Really great photos especially that GREEN cat I think quite a few owners painted their cats GREEN hoping they would go as well as the Euclids,the operators of the cats didnt feel left out either because of the HUGE amount of Euclids passing them all day.Take it easy.Kerry.
Lucker there wasnt some wabcos there to make the euclid steerers jealous Kerry.............hehe
HI Brendan,I understand there were a few Yellow Wabcos and Cats on site it got to the stage Pioneer Pete got down from his decal and was full on pointing to the workshop to the Cat and Wabco guys.He stated it was a thankless job hot and dusty.Cat and Wabco water carts down.Said only time he enjoyed it was when the Euclids were going past at such speed he caught a nice breese Take it easy Kerry
Thanks Brenden,just became a member with that last post Kerry
Great pics I have a 1964 euclid wheel loader And Still use it today.
Good on you for sticking to the Euclid/TEREX brand.She will have plenty of life left in her yet.Take it easy Kerry
Good to see Murls Video and Euclids be talked about.Here is a link to when I first posted it
Great video Gary, I was blown away when I saw it. Sorry, I did not even realize it was on the forum already! Thanks a lot for sharing it though, it is a definite pleasure to watch!
fantastic photos thanks