I am working on an ex100 grey market machine. The fuse kept blowing for the throttle control stepper motor and engine would die. Traced that down to one of the pump solenoids shorted out. Replaced that and now the throttle works as it should but I have no 24v supply to the solenoids. The pump is stuck in full awash and the engine will die under load because of that. All fuses are good. No blink code on the controllers. I have 2 electrical diagrams but my wire color does not match and I am unable to determine where the solenoids get power from. My next step will be tracing the wiring from the solenoids into the cab to unless somebody can point me in the right direction.
I’ve got access to service advisor. Send me the full machine serial number and dash number with a email in a pm. I will try to help. I’m battling a 200-3 rite now so I feel your pain. I’ve made several post asking for help and got no response. I will do what I can. I dont know if service advisor is even accurate on a grey market.
I will have to get the info. I did some further diagnostics with a good manual that actually matches the machine. The PVC is not sending the ground signal to the relay for the solenoids 24v positive supply. I installed a temporary ground and the solenoids both have 24v at the correct terminal now. In doing this I noticed one solenoid coil getting warm. I swap connectors and it followed. The negative wire from the solenoids to PVC controller has +.05v. This should be the ground controlled by the PVC. I believe when the previous solenoid shorted out causing the fuse to blow it somehow damaged the PVC itself.
More than likely burned out a resistor in the pvc they put them in there basically to act like a fuse, should be the last thing it hits before leaving the pvc's connector. Although... could also be a number of other things...
Are they any ways to test it? I have ordered a new one but I hate throwing parts at something. What are some other things that would cause it to only lose control of the ground supply to the pump solenoid system? Everything else seems to be functioning properly. Angle valve set to 4.37v
The wire that controls the solenoid comes straight(I think) from the pvc computer... I think there was a thread somewhere wherein someone replaced one of those resistors??? could have been a different machine??? hard to remember...
Zekeen are you saying you can set the angle sensor off of voltage like the throttle position sensor. Is the 4.37 volts the 5 degrees the book calls for ? If so that will help me out a ton.
Yes the ground control for the solenoid and for the rely ground trigger that provides the 24v positive supply both come from the PVC in 3 separate terminals. And yes the angle sensor sets like a TPS. Make sure the dot is facing away from the harness. The middle wire is the return from the sensor. It is suppose to be set at 4.4v with the pump and full swash. If you run the engine with it unhooked it will automatic revert to that position in a few seconds. You will know this bc when you try to use the hydraulics it will overpower the engine and try to die.
Thank you. That helps me a ton. I had a feeling it could be set that way but could never find it in the manual. I think my angle sensor is toast. The guys tore the harness up with a stick and no belly pan. I fixed the wiring and checked it from the pvc and it seems to have the rite voltage and ground but it’s working slow sometimes the killing the motor the next. And adjusting the angle sensor I get no change in voltage. Five volts all the time
Sounds like you found the problem unless you wired it wrong during repair. Outside 2 terminals are power and ground. Middle is signal return
Well it was wired wrong sure before I got to the machine. Then man told me he hooked up the wires every way possible. The pvc seemed to be fine but I’m going to recheck