Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

EX120-3, dead control panel

Stusowry ยท 2013-01-16 02:52

I have a EX120-3 digger. I can start it, but have no throttle control etc. Charge light and oil light come on momentarily when I start it, but thats it. No gauges and no control buttons work. I have checked fuses in the main panel behind the seat on top.

Replies3
  1. #1Scrapper2013-01-16 10:14

    Did you check the ECU to see if the light is blinking?

  2. #2Stusowry2013-01-16 18:58

    Dont mean to sound dumb, I'm a farmer not a contractor. But what is the ECU, and where is it located. I've been to the machine for a look around. I found the throttle solenoid or mechanism behind the righthand rear door. Unplugged a plug and the engine nearly died. Plugged it back in, now everything is back to normal. Weird.

  3. #3Scrapper2013-01-17 14:53

    ECU = Engine Control Unit. I wish every time my Hitachi acts up it was that easy to fix.