Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

EX120-3 Hydraulics stall engine

tonka1127 ยท 2021-10-10 21:12

After studying the threads related to my problem, I have found that I have no 24 VDC to the two solenoids on top of my hydraulic pump with the key in the on/run position. One wire of the harness to each solenoid is shorted to the other, must be the common 24 VDC supply line. The other wire to each solenoid is open to ground as it should be per discussions. The fuses are all good. Fuel filter/Banjo replaced/cleaned. From a fuzzy schematic in an old thread, it looked like there is a relay for the 24 V solenoid power? I have had the machine on the farm for 15 years, been good to me. There are plenty of discussions on this problem, but none have had missing power to the solenoids (with good fuses).

Replies3
  1. #1mg23612021-10-11 05:45

    Welcome to HEF tonka ! Did you check the 5A EC Motor fuse? That is where the pump solenoid relay gets it's voltage from.

  2. #2tonka11272021-10-11 07:14

    mg2361, Thanks for the welcome. takes a bit to get going on this sight, but it is a treasure. Overnight, I found a Tech Manual along with clarity. Yes the fuse is good, and yes there is a relay, #2, behind the seat that supplies the 24 V to the solenoids. Hope it is the relay and not the controller that energizes it. Just have to figure out how to get access.

  3. #3mudnducs2021-10-16 20:28

    Did you figure it out?