Gday all,just wondering if anyone knows what may be the cause of this in the controller,also where I might be able to get a schematic of the controller,i have found a person that can fix it,any help appreciated. Cheers James
There is no schematic available for that as far as I know. A short in the 5 volt circuit causes that. So a short in any of the sensors or their wiring can cause this issue. Especially if the F7 1A fuse (labeled Val C/U Pump and Valve Controller) has been replaced with something larger?
Thanks MG, great info much apreciated,checked this morning, can not believe i missed the 5 amp fuse in there iI thought they were all correct,it has been like this for the 3 years i have owned the machine, I guess to move foward i repair the resistor on the pvc, replace the fuse with 1 amp, if the fuse keeps blowing i then move on to the sensors & wiring,although could the heat in the pvc have damaged other close by parts,what are your thoughts on proceding this way? cheers James
You should be fine with just replacing the resistor, however use a magnifying glass to make sure other solder joints in the vicinity are OK.
Thanks MG, Have a resistor coming tomorrow,hopefully it helps with some of the issues I have. Cheers James
Gday MG, replaced resistor today,got machine running in the pouring rain has made a massive difference travelling well now,felt stronger digging, multiple functions worked well an smooth,now engine does not stall but pump seems to stay at full stroke.had already checked and adjusted angle sensor and dp sensor,although checking angle sensor again today on starting machine it was already at 4.45v, I guess leads me to believe pump is at full stroke and sensor is working ok,thinking it is going to be bad pump solenoid? I don't have a lamp harness to check, guess I swap them see how it goes? Ohms at solenoids not within spec I have 16.8 and 17.4 what are your thoughts on all of this? Cheers James
Sorry probably should have mentioned a long time ago the machine has manual throttle stepper motor is unplugged but has run like this since I have owned it.
I did not look it up but how far out of spec? Also check the O-rings in the pump displacement solenoid valve assemblies. If those are shot it could give you the same symptoms.
Gday MG, the spec is 15.5 ohms +-1.0 I did dissemble them last week and replaced orings,not sure where to move on from here.thanks for all your advice. Cheers James
Try swapping the solenoids.
Will do tomorrow if the rain stops. Cheers James
I am not sure where to move on from here.swapped the solenoids no change checked angle sensor has stayed where it was set...checking dp sensor again was at around .35 adjusted again to. 45 it keeps adjustment until bolted back in and slowly climbs to around .55 I guess it needs replacing,could this cause the pump to stay at full stroke? Cheers James
I PM'd you.