Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

EX150lc throttle problems

thepumpguysc ยท 2014-08-18 06:36

Hi guys, A friend has a problem w/ his throttle "stepper motor".. I think.. He turns the key on, lets it "learn".. it goes from full throttle stop to shut-off stop, then back to idle/start position.. Sounds normal right?? BUT when he starts the engine, turns the speed control to full.. it wont go to FULL throttle.. it stops just above idle.. I know the pump is right.. and I can watch it "learn" and it goes ALL THE WAY TO FULL, buzz's a few seconds and goes ALL THE WAY to SH-OFF, buzz's afew seconds, and returns to idle/start position.??? IF he puts his speed dial ALL the way to the left, the engine will shut off.. is that supposed to be low idle or shut-off?? I have adjusted the throttle to the point that it lacks about 100rpms from full but its not touching the screw.. just so he can use the machine but I sure would like to know whats going on.. BTW> this is "it just happened all of a sudden" story.. OH, and the "auto idle" function works.. just wont go to the full throttle stop screw.. I even disconnected the battery and stepper motor for 10 minutes to "try" to erase any memory..

Replies0

No replies yet.