Hi all, Early/mid 90's Hitachi EX60URG grey market machine. Runs and works, but need some guidance. I use it on my farm/homeowner machine. Not a business. As I'm still a bit of a noob when it comes to the components, can someone please educate me on what the button/switch in the picture does? The upper cable leads to the rack, the lower cable leads to the throttle lever in the cab (second picture). The cable the button is connected to goes to a hydraulic control block of some kind tucked behind the pumps against the cab wall. The switch is depressed when the machine is at full throttle. This is a manual control machine. There is no electronic throttle control that I can see on the machine. Now that I have cleaned the lift pump inlet fuel screen, the machine has a LOT more power. The only thing that still happens is that the throttle tends to wiggle down so that it no longer wide open in operation. I think that is a function of it being old and everything being somewhat worn down and as the machine vibrates, the throttle lever wiggles closed. I've seen one other identical machine and it had a rubber bungee that would hold the throttle open, so I'm not alone there. I've done a fair bit of work to this machine to keep it working (cylinder rebuilds, a few hoses, fluids, filters, rebuilt a drive motor, etc.) I'm just trying to adjust everything to keep it working as good as feasible. I'm wondering if this switch increases hydraulic pressure when wide open? Something else?
What you are calling a cable is actually a hose connecting the hydraulic solenoid block to the “mode “ mini hydraulic cylinder. The plunger in the mini cylinder is extended when the Mode switch on the operator console is in the “E” economy position. In economy the max engine speed is lowered approx 300-400 rpm.
Ok, that makes sense. I wondered how the hell that worked (assuming the function works at all). I'll play with it tomorrow and see. I appreciate it!