Saw the two excavators on the side of the road. Someone burned the cabs on both. One was a 320, and the other a 318. I don't know why anyone would want to do something like this?:idontgetit
more pics::beatsme
Really hate to see stuff like that, Makes you want to find the person that did it and.............................you know the rest.
That's one reason (among a list of others) to always have the V-guarding on the machine every night.
I'm sure the machines are insured. Those vandals only did the owner a favor.
Wonder if its worth trying to fix it back up? :idea
I dont care how you protect your machine if some one wants to do damage to it there is no stopping them.I beleive guards just make them al the more determined to do damage.Vandalism is one of the most cowardly acts there is. It is #%&* like that that just raises our already outrageous insurance even higher then it already is.Then there is the mentality,"it has insurance".Every time insurance companies pay out it is just more incentive for them to jack rates up.Its a shame you have to get insurance to protect you from idiots and cowards. If you haven't already noticed insurance is one of my pet peeves:my2c
:iagree
Where was that located at? Because their is 2 older Komatsu trackhoes, that has been abandoned due to vandalism and arson very close to where I live.
Little town called Rhodhiss, NC. They belong to Wilkie Construction, they were doing what looks to be a sewer project along the Catawba River.
That is not always the case. The insurance company will pay you "fair market value" not replacement costs. Say the guy bought these 2 hoes new and at the time of the vandalism had them 4 years with 4K hours on them. The insurance company will pay for a machine that is 4 years old with 4K hours on it. You can get screwed in a soft used equipment market, like it currently is, because they will appraise the machine at current market value . The problem is they will not pay you enough money to buy a new one - obviously. So you have to find a used machine that you do not know the maintenance of or worse the abuse that it encountered. Sure you can obtain oil samples and do a physical/mechanical walk-around but you don't know a used machine like you know your machine you have been using. Remember this guy was not looking for a used machine - he was forced in to it. If you look at buying used machines, then you understand the risks involved. Unfortunately for this poor guy he did not have a choice - someone else made it for him. I have been the victim of vandalism and theft too many times. When I made an insurance claim it hardly reimbursed my true losses. There are insurance policies that will buy you a new machine - but who can afford those rates?:beatsme
if things are "the norm"....what you'd receive is what you'd be allowed on a trade in at that time. granted, nobody wants to be pushed into buying a machine until they are ready.....but at least it'll for the most part cover any depreciation which you've already taken tax wise.
That is screwed up!
Funny thing is they moved them after they got burned. They where burned down in some woods, and brought out. The buckets have been taken off also, so they can still be operated. Just one hard a** seat!
Every now and then we go through spikes in arsons of heavy equipment. It's very spread out but back in '06 I think, we had two to three separate construction sites with 200 + size trackhoes victims of arson from ecoterrorists. ELF is very prominent in our state and they flare up with their terrorist activities every now and then. Blake WA
Not to cause trouble but when we went to Texas to work we were non-union. Some union thugs stole our new lowboy tractor-trailer. The police recovered it and as it was sitting in the impound yard someone broke in and burned it.
One of the larger earthmoving companies around here had about 50 dumptrucks torched about ten years ago. Some said it was an employee, some said they had stepped on another contractors feet.
Those Vandal Gurads are a good idea but like its been mentioned they vandals will stop at nothing to wreck the machine. We had a Komatsu PC180LC-7 on a job and a gang of youths ripped off the shutters and totally trashed the whole machine. Joe
:guns:guns heres an idea for vandal guards
:nono
Thats a better idea for the vandals themselves!
I am basically saying maybe if the punishment is a lil more severe they would not be vandalizing.Although i guess the vandals were probably never taught any respect. I cant even comprehend the thought of damaging someone Else's property. It is reserved for cowards.The american judicial system just totally makes me sick.I try to avoid any conversation about crime as I tend to " go off". I went to school for criminal law only to realize I would be ashamed to have any involvement in that field. I decided to continue with my family's 30 year old business and I wake up every morning with a smile on my face anxious to start the day.
I live on an Island. Since they can't remove your vehicle they don't get charged with theft if someone steals it. They get charged with joy riding. Its a misdeamenor and the fine is around $250.00. The only way they get hit harder is if they do more than $2,000 damage to it. Nobody can figure out why the theft rate is so high for such a small place! I've always figured if someone would kill a couple of them the rest would knock it off!
Joy Riding ? Hello Lashlander, I agree, joyriding is one of the most absurd laws that need to be wiped off the books ! Grand Theft period ! :guns Some Days I think they just keep ineffective laws on the books, just to keep the law enforcement industry going ! Gotta have a rabbit to chase !
It's a loose loose deal, anytime you use your insurance the rates will go up.