I’m trying to avoid rigging some setup to find the ‘true’ balance point on my ex. Does anybody know (give or take 12”) where the average balance point is on an ex? I’m assuming since they’re all built similarly, (long sticks notwithstanding) it’d be about the same. If it’s not, I’m talking about a Komatsu PC55MR.
Lay a small log or a couple of blocks on the ground and run up on it. Go over a few times and you'll have it
That’s the driveway destruction I’m trying to avoid. I thought someone must have a spec out there.
I would think it might be somewhere near the middle?? Depends what you are doing.. You can balance them in places they really shouldn't be. If your on the driveway you should be ok yeah?
What problem are you trying to solve that you need to know the balance point?
If you really try, you can "unbalance" them lots of ways
There is no specific point, because it's a constantly changing point depending on the position of the boom, arm, and bucket.
perhaps you are thinking about how it hangs?
Slow, low and a little to the left?
Good day Seems that the overal ground beraing pressure may be more appropiate, the specification are based on the tipping point of the machine.Kind regards uffex