I saw a guy do something that would have got him fired at a lot of places. I was driving past construction on a freeway and saw an almost new JD EX20? excavator and the operator was pounding the bucket down trying to break some asphalt free. Not once but about 5 times. It wasn't a 6" drop but more like 18-24" and just slamming it down with full force. That's a good way to bend the stick cylinder as well as not being the nicest on the rest of the machine. I was a little shocked to see someone abuse a machine like that. Asphalt usually rips apart fairly easily with the bucket.
Hammer Handed asses, are Everywhere!!
Lol we don’t have operators anymore we have meat in the seat thanks to the labor* shortage. The few old school operators that don’t abuse machines and know how to run and care for them are either retired or long term employed and aren’t interested in low level stuff like excavators. (*willing worker)
Well just about to take delivery of a new 325 outfitted with GPS that will be for one of the best operators I've seen in my career. All hope is not lost.
It'd be a big company machine. Plenty more where that one came from, when that one craps itself.
The morons here do that ALL the time. I can't even count the number of bucket coupler cylinder failures. And management says nothing.
Pretty strange to hear a big bang and it's from an excavator bucket slamming the ground.
Younger (19) fellow I work with put his hand in front of a blow hose under pressure today. He didn't get hurt. The older fellow (me 26) gave him quite the preaching!
Oreo is his name and being a counter weight is his game. *
Looks like either he can't see his feet or he's thinking he's had a few too many Buds.
That's what Little Debbie snacks will do to you.
Little Debbie...Big Bob.
Bob, Big Ol Boy
Just a normal day here.