Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Excavator bucket

D6c10K · 2022-09-13 16:19

I'd like to replace the bucket on my SK135. It's got a 40", 1 yard bucket which is pretty oversized for the machine. I think a 30" would be as big as I would put on it. Is there a chance of finding a good used bucket or am I looking at new only? For new buckets, what's a good source that's pretty reasonably priced? This would be just a GP digging bucket. This is a farm machine so not a huge no. of hours and there's no rock in my area.

Replies1
  1. #1Tags2022-09-13 18:52

    I would put a 36” on it, it will handle it fine. I have a 36” on a 115 and it’s pretty much the same machine. Although a used 30” may be easier to find than a used 36” since that’s what size most guys run.