any body seen one in action??,looks like it would be good for boulder wall building, would like to build one just looks like the bucket ears are elevated to hide the short stroke cylinder underneath.
There are a lot of videos on YouTube showing thumbs being used in various situations. Just type --excavator thumb -- in the YouTube search box.
I have experience with this brand. They are my personal favorite.
progressive link thumbs are really nice with the extra rotation, i am wondering if anybody has used a bucket thumb or a thumb bucket its where the thumb is built into the bucket, might be nice for a smaller machine with quick attach tools changed out often. they look like they would not have has much rotation has the progressive link setup
Like this one ?
yes looks to be a very tough unit for a demo guy,i was thinking about building one for a midi excavator setup, would be a 24 inch bucket with the bucket pin ears elevated above a heavy short stroke cylinder, the thumb would not be very wide. when you go to other tooling, then the thumb assembly bracket crap is not in the way, plus the reduced weight. has anybody used a integrated thumb bucket??
I've seen one that was marketed for a bit by the local Cat dealer. It was similar if not the same unit as in the video above. It did not catch on in this area. I have also seen the Amulet thumb/bucket combinations and the people I talked to that had one didn't like that the thumb always moved at the same time as the bucket. I ran into a couple of places where they liked the Amulet installed on loader backhoes. Those were garbage transfer stations.