Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Excavator Dashboard and Cab Monitor Questions >> Pre-Operative Check

I<3_CE_Equipment ยท 2021-05-03 10:21

Hi! I am an engineering student who is super passionate about heavy equipment machinery and I was hoping to maybe get some of my questions answered here as I have no expertise in operating heavy equipment. 1> Is there a standard pre-operative check that mechanics and operators do regardless of the machine model or brand? 2> What is the main difference between the routine checks operators do before operating machinery and the check that the mechanics do in the pre-use inspection check? >Is there one uniform check that everyone does regardless if they are a mechanic or operator? 3> During these checks how often is the data indicated on the cab dashboard used? Why or why not? 4> Is there anything that comes to mind that can be added or any information that can be made more transparent to help understand the uptime or downtime of a machine - and decrease ultimate cost and frustrations? -J

Replies2
  1. #1funwithfuel2021-05-03 10:40

    Starting at the beginning, swing on over to "new members introductions " that said, let me be first to welcome you in. Each machine is supposed to have an operators manual in the cab for the operator to familiarize themselves with. Each product and each line will have it's own idiosyncrasies. The operator should, at least, check oil, coolant and hydro of each machine. Follow with safety equipment. Wipers, lights, horn, E-stop. The E-stop is the most important component to be familiar with. Each monitor is different, each manufacturer has their own unique features. So display functions change from line to line. Good luck , welcome. You dont have to post in multiple threads. One is enough. The mods will get riled up when you do that.

  2. #2digger242j2021-05-04 16:57

    Riled up? Nah. Perfectly calm. Serene even. But, posting the same thing in multiple forums can and does cause confusion sometimes. To prevent that, I'll close this thread so that any further replies can be made in one thread, here: HeavyEquipmentForums Wow. That made me so serene I might just take a nap now....