Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Excavator hydraulic operating pressure

sdavies2000 · 2023-08-26 07:41

I recently had to replace a one inch hydraulic hose on my 20 ton hitachi zx 200 between the main pump and control valve. The hose no longer had any visible ratings on it and I had two options for replacement, 4000 psi rated hose and 6000 psi hose. I wasn’t sure what psi the machine runs at but found the system relief valve pressure spec online of 4980 psi. Knowing that, I went with the gold plated 6000 psi hose. Soon after, the 3/4 hose on return side of dippper cylinder went. It was marked with 4000 psi rating. The 1” dipper supply hose was also in bad shape so I decided to replace it while I was up there and it’s ratings weren’t visible. I replaced both of those hoses with 4000 psi rated hose. Can someone tell me what pressure these machines run at? If I only need 4000psi rated hose, I don’t want to shell out the extra coin for 6000psi hose which costs twice as much. The 4980psi system relief pressure is throwing me off.

Replies3
  1. #1uffex2023-08-26 12:31

    Good day I suggest stick with the 6000 p.s.i. rated hose. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2br14742023-08-26 20:12

    Your max normal operating pressure is 4980psi, but when you hit that boost button on top of the joystick (power digging) it gives you 5260 for 10-15 seconds. That is when stalling a function.

  3. #3sdavies20002023-08-28 08:01

    Sounds like I’m sticking with the 6000psi rated hose and fittings, thanks for the input.