Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Excited to be here!

NewGuy416 ยท 2025-07-06 17:46

Hi all, Thanks for making it so easy to join in. I'm a 28 year old guy in Eastern Mass. Former veggie farm worker, have operated lots of 30-75hp tractors. New job still has me on some tractors - JD 5075M and Kubota L2501, but now also getting the opportunity to use the company's Kubota Mini-Excavator. My interest in the maintenance and repair of diesel machines has definitely been growing. Read an old course-type textbook, and been watching lots of YT videos (KT3406E and Western Truck and Tractor Repair especially). So, thought the next best step towards learning something is to start doing more than oil changes and start digging into fixing something that needs it. Buddy helped me find and transport a semi running CAT 416 backhoe. Currently it only runs off starting fluid. This will be my big project that I'm sure will lead to lots of questions in the near and far future as I go from fuel system and pumps, to hydraulic hoses and seals to dash wiring and all the rest. Thanks for having me. Will try to be a good member as I'm coming up and a great one some day when I hopefully know a couple things! -Sean

Replies1
  1. #1CM19952025-07-06 19:33

    Welcome to the Forums! Glad to have you!