Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Trial by fire

Mothranch · 2025-07-13 01:17

After living on the water for a couple decades I returned to land and purchased a 310se Deere backhoe. I’m attempting to build a home on a densely forested lot and recently cleared the driveway and building site with a rented dozer and am now learning about the wonderful peanut butter clay in East TN. I have minimal training from a heavy equipment school and have been learning humbly as I go along. I’ve found much help in troubleshooting through this site so figured I’d register since it became a daily visit.

Replies1
  1. #1HarleyHappy2025-07-13 07:09

    Welcome and that red/yellow clay will shut a job down, till it dries out. Trying to work in it cost me many hours and gallons of diesel fuel, having to fix my screw ups and getting stuck. After a couple of times, you learn to just go do something else.