Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hello

MarineGal ยท 2025-05-23 19:03

Hello, I have been into heavy equipment repair since 2005 starting as an apprentice. I own a heavy equipment, semi truck and auto repair shop going on my own in 2012. A disabled Marine veteran which I lost my lower left leg below the knee which was amputated after being shot there 3 times during combat. I do wear a prosthetic leg and do not let my disability hold me back. It was after the recovery I got an offer to do it learning everything and took. The GI money went to paying for school.

Replies2
  1. #1funwithfuel2025-05-23 20:28

    Thanks for what you've gone through. Welcome to the forums. Good for you, not letting life beat you down.

  2. #2MarineGal2025-05-23 21:02

    Was in the dumps at first and got over it . Doctors found damage to bone and nerves which I would of had problems if they tried to save it. My family and friends were there for support helping me out. I have 2 prosthetic legs,one with a stationary foot and one with an adjustable foot. Owning my own shop, I did think it over good before doing it in 2012. It was no right away choice