I am looking at getting an auger I can use on my skid as well as the 310 SG. The PO of the backhoe has two fittings t'd into the extend a hoe lines. I am assuming a guy can pin the extend a hoe, hook into those lines and run an attachment. Am I missing something here or will that work?
I have seen that done on a few machines both Case and John Deere. There was a tube kit available for the Case backhoes made things neat and tidy. You might find one for the JD somehwere.
I cant post photos from the hospital, but yes you can, as long as the pump has enough psi. A member here that I work for has done this on his Cat 430 backhoe. All we did was go to take the flexible lines off the hard pipe lines. Took them to a hose shop, split them where it would best work for our needs. Then the hose shop added quick coupler fittings on both ends. When we are running the attachment, we just let the lines that go to the extendahoe we just let them hang. We mostly use it for running a hoe pack. It works just fine. The only thing you need to check is if you are going to have enough PSI from your pump. The guy I work for tried to get the Cat dealer to tell him the psi numbers and their response was "why do you want to know?" They would not tell him at all, but i believe another member here who is a mechanic was able to help out with that information.
Sorry to hear your in the hospital, hope all is well. Splitting them makes a little more sense to me. Mine are set up with a "T" in the line. Seems to me it would want to put constant pressure on the pin keeping the extend a hoe in.
It seems to me that the Cat units are mostly all set up that way. You pin the E stick and T into the lines to run something. A compactor might be a problem though. They usually have to have free flow to tank on the return circuit. That big weight in the compactor don't like to stop as quick and it can be made to when you block the return. Good Luck!
We run a plate tamper on our 580D this way. We bought another stick and let it out about halfway and welded it fast and fabbed up some hoses. Just make sure that you are moving the lever the right way.
Turbo was correct about the 430D, it is my machine and I am running a hoe pac with it and getting 3' at a time with the compactor. digger
Running aux off of the extendahoe circuit does in fact keep pressure on the pin. But thats no big deal that pin can more than with stand the pressure. Skid steer augers usually run between 2000psi and 3000psi maximum. The 310 should have around 3500 psi john deere guys could help out with exact spec. This will exceed the psi rating of most skidsteer augers so I would check with the manufacturer see if there is an internal relief built in. If there is no internal relief deadheading the auger in hard soil could cause you to blow the motor in the auger with too much pressure. You may have to throttle back if it exceeds the flow rating. Guessing a 310 puts out about 30GPM at the backhoe, most augers fall in the 20-30 GPM range if they are on a skid steer.
Turbo... get well soon Does your backhoe have separate reliefs for the aux. circuit? I know you can change the flow on some newer excavators from the cab. I think you will be ok pinning the stick and using the e-hoe or power. I know NH says that if you run a compactor or was it a hamme, you had to pin the stick. One thing to think about is transporting the auger. I think they have swivels in the mount so that the head dangles plumb. It might be fun to curl it in for transport, and get the boom locked.
Today I was thinking about the difference in skid auger and backhoe pressure and flow requirements. When I get down to the actual purchase I will be sure to get one that will handle the extra pressure involved with the backhoe. You are right on the pressure of the 310. I downloaded a spec sheet that states 3625psi and 36 gpm. I dont plan on transporting it with auger on. To make matter worse on that it will be a 30" auger. I'll probably build a rack to hold it on the trailer and have the bucket on the backhoe for transit. So far I only have one job coming up to need an auger so I will rent one for the skid, but if it goes well I may get 4-5 jobs a month from them. Then I will buy one that will work on both the skid and the backhoe, and eliminate taking two machines to the job site. Thanks for all the input! Marc
Alright guys, got a few minutes to get these up. I was not in the hospital for me, but the wife is there, under doctors order. Should have a baby here in the next few days. Anyways, heres Danhoes set up.