Hi evryone I am new to this forum just found it today I been looking for a good used backhoe for about 6 months I found one that I am almost ready to buy tommorow it is a 1997 cat 426C IT 4x4 extenda hoe,4 in 1 bucket enclosed cab heat. it has 6700 hours on it one owner it is from an excavation contractor who is liquidating I can get the machine for $18,000 becuase that is what he owes on it I am a bit scared of the hours but the machine looks great and seems to run great. any advice would be greatly appreciated I cant afford to waste 18 grand thank you for your time I got to make a decision by tommorow
Hes the original owner of a 12 yr old machine and still owes 18000 on it? he sounds a little fishy to me.
hammerdwn20 has a good point, something fuzzy about the math there. I think you need to slow down a bit jperry, you said you can't afford to waste 18g's (not many can) but then you say you have to make a decision by tomorrow. Seems like that's putting a lot of pressure on making an objective and informed decision about spending the 18 grand.
Regarding the hours, 6700 hours is nothing, IF, the machine has been maintained. If it hasnt been maintained, then run, and keep running! The price is right though if its in good shape. I am not real familiar with the cat machines, but up here that particular machine in good shape would sell for a hell of alot more!
well I bought the unit a couple days ago. (By the way it was the original owner he refianced a bunch of equipment) basically he sold me the machine for what he owed on it and i know it for fact we went to the bank and got the machine released by paying the balance. the machine is very clean everything works well except the parking brake pads neeed replacing, it has the usual brake clatter but they work well a little rust on the door frames of course tires 50% so far I think I got a good deal i have seem very similar machines sell for around 30k to mid 30k the machine is well maintened my only dillema is the seat wont lock in driving position but will lock in digging position if anyone has any ideas what the fix might be that would be great thanks for your input
thats a real good deal the seat problem is mabe the the things that hold the seat in place may be woren out
I just bought the identical machine 1997 426CIT, in Canada, single owner, had it inspected, its a little rough around the edges but the report shows it mechanically sound, especially the hoe. I called the original owner it was used mostly for moving snow in the wintertime, and materials around with the fork carriage. I paid 21k USD with 7500 hrs, you got a great deal.