Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Extend-a-hoe slide lubrication

JCSI ยท 2014-10-06 22:43

So our township has recently purchased a JCB 3CX-14 and I was going through the manual and it said apply Waxoyl to the guides on the extend-a-hoe. ?? Where should I look for the stuff at and is their something equivalent to it or any other recommendations?

Replies11
  1. #1lantraxco2014-10-06 23:45

    Don't know about equivalents, guys I knew used drislide spray or dry silicone spray lube.

  2. #2DrJim2014-10-07 00:53

    Waxoyl "Waxoyl"? Never heard of it, so I took a quick look at the 'net. JCB apparently distributes it in some countries. For a product description, http://jcbcea.com.au/customer-support/waxoyl-rustproofing-treatment There is a USA web site, too. http://www.waxoyl-usa.com/Products.aspx?code=WAX-001&key=cat The USA site seems to be focused on the automotive market, but they mention "industrial applications", and there is a "contact" link. Let us know if any of this turns out to be useful.

  3. #3eric122014-10-07 07:20

    I used zep 45 on ours and it worked well. buying waxoyl isn't hard so if you wanted to use that, id go to the store and buy a can. you could also use fluid film, that works great on everything

  4. #4woorarra2014-10-08 04:57

    While not a backhoe as such, just use normal grease on the extender hoe on my menzi muck, it just runs on Teflon sliders or packers.

  5. #5bill onthehill2014-10-11 07:53

    I use Napa dry graphite spray on my Case and Cat extend-a- hoe booms. The dirt does not stick to it and it works for me.

  6. #6d4c24a2014-10-11 15:31

    don't grease the slides on a 3cx , myself i never really bother much with them , but if you do want to do it , fluid film would be a good if not better product , extend boom out at the end of the day ,coat slides and leave extended out overnight , it is a good idea if its going to be sat a while holidays winter etc

  7. #7Hardline2014-10-11 15:41

    Get it from the JCB dealer. I get it there all the time.

  8. #8JCSI2014-10-12 14:54

    I will try the dealer first then some local auto parts stores, if nothing else may use the graphite spray we use on the moldboard side shift slides. Thanks for the replies

  9. #9JDOFMEMI2014-10-12 15:18

    I would suggest the dry graphite spray as well. Never use grease, as it will attract dirt and wear out the pads. Grease also gums up the works in cold weather.

  10. #10caver2014-10-14 11:06

    At work they use Lube-A-Boom for manlifts and cranes.

  11. #11Catback2014-10-14 16:26

    I use Slip Plate #3 (graphite).